Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,446   Online: 829

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm Pan

WTB - 70mm film processing reel

Looking for 70mm film processing reel or 70mm reel & tank...
    Or you have an idea how to modify some other 120 format processing reel for it. It doesn't have to have full, "standard" capacity/ lenght of 15' of 70m film
    Also looking for film 70mm sleeves....
    I'm located in Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Thank you in advance!
    Goran

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Print File (an APUG advertiser) has the sleeves: http://www.printfile.com/70-1m.aspx
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Thank you Matt! It was just small project turning suddenly in weird direction. My wish is not to go too crazy about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gorbas View Post
    Looking for 70mm film processing reel or 70mm reel & tank...
    Or you have an idea how to modify some other 120 format processing reel for it. It doesn't have to have full, "standard" capacity/ lenght of 15' of 70m film
    Also looking for film 70mm sleeves....
    I'm located in Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Thank you in advance!
    Goran
    Years back, when my employer had me shooting a lot of 70mm CIR film, I tried some home processing in E-6 chemistry. Of course I needed a 70mm reel which are very hard to find so I had to make a reel myself. After a long search, I found a 120 reel that had a plastic shaft connecting the two metal spiral ends. I cut the plastic shaft in 1/2 and inserted a spacer in the middle so the length of the shaft would accommodate the width of 70mm film. My jury-rigged reel worked well. If I could had it I'd send it to you, but I threw it out years ago. Still, it was easy to build so maybe you can do the same.

Jim B.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Thank you Jim! You nailed it! That is exactly mi idea. Use appropriate 35/120 reel and modify it to accept 70mm. Only problem is that I'm using Paterson reels for the last 35 years and don't have experience with other reel types/brands.
    Goran

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gorbas View Post
    Thank you Jim! You nailed it! That is exactly mi idea. Use appropriate 35/120 reel and modify it to accept 70mm. Only problem is that I'm using Paterson reels for the last 35 years and don't have experience with other reel types/brands.
    Goran
    The Paterson reels can be modified to take different film sizes, provided that you are prepared to sacrifice their ability to adjust for normal sizes.

Unfortunately, I cannot locate the internet link that tells you how .

IIRC, it actually deals with modifications to permit development of 116/616 film, which I believe means that it will work for 70mm.

The old Ansco tanks that required agitation by twirling an agitation rod and didn't permit inversion could be adjusted for 116/616 film.

One like the one shown here: http://www.vintagepaperads.com/1953-...l_p_64613.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    you would need a jobo testdrum(the one for 10x40cm prints) plus 70mm 2517 reel. only 500ml chemistry is needed.
    yes this drum is only working on jobo-machines cpa, cpp2 or cpe. 220-lenght only. ask more in panorama discussion-group on yahoo-tech-groups.
    www.3dreal.tk
    www.stereopan.org
    under reconstruction
    3dstereomedia
    aeropanorama
    marspanoramas

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've got the Nikor non-daylight-tank setup for 70mm. Stainless reel and tank. You can see it here in this picture, where I prove that my Hewes long-roll 35mm reel won't quite fit into the tank :-(

I think I paid $50 for it. I'd take that for it, plus whatever it would cost to get it from Chicago to Vancouver. Though I'd have to go figure out which box it's in, in storage...

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Thank you very much for offers Duncan & Johnielvis!!
    I was able to find one Nikor 70mm reel locally. More than 30 years old/new stock. I don't think that I will go for full set up here for processing (don't we all wish the same, all the time??) so with addition of one tupperware container I will be ready for 70mm film processing in the dark. This reel is 4 1/4" wide.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2002.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	503.5 KB 
ID:	53650

Kav

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    I've got the Nikor non-daylight-tank setup for 70mm. Stainless reel and tank. You can see it here in this picture, where I prove that my Hewes long-roll 35mm reel won't quite fit into the tank :-(

I think I paid $50 for it. I'd take that for it, plus whatever it would cost to get it from Chicago to Vancouver. Though I'd have to go figure out which box it's in, in storage...

Duncan

If you still have this over the weekend I may pick it up from you if you are still looking to sell it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin