Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,235   Online: 953

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

WTB: Budget Pentax 67??

Hi all! I've been bit hard by the film bug and I just sold some of my other equipment to fund a few filmy things. I'm really hoping to find a pentax 67 + 105mm 2.4 (or similar) on a budget. I came across one for $200 on ebay and it sold before I had the chance to buy it I was so close, and it's killing me! Looks mean nothing at all...I just want something that will work, and something that will give me a chance to see how I jive with this camera. If anyone has something around this price range, please get in touch! Thanks so much!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's a crazy good price -- no wonder it didn't last. Did you check KEH? You might be able to get an older body for around that price, but body + lens seems a real stretch. More like $300.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah, Nick. It had some dings, but it was fully functional. I'm hoping to find something for $300 shipped or less. I've seen nice clean sets go for $350 + shipping, but I really can't justify going that high right now Figured I would put it out there and cross my fingers.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    My opinion is that looks do count.
    A well treated camera looks good.
    Dings, dents, scrapes and scratches all come from accidents or carelessness.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipyr View Post
    Hi all! I've been bit hard by the film bug and I just sold some of my other equipment to fund a few filmy things. I'm really hoping to find a pentax 67 + 105mm 2.4 (or similar) on a budget. I came across one for $200 on ebay and it sold before I had the chance to buy it I was so close, and it's killing me! Looks mean nothing at all...I just want something that will work, and something that will give me a chance to see how I jive with this camera. If anyone has something around this price range, please get in touch! Thanks so much!!
    Hello, my Pentax 6x7 model, with mirror lock-up and standard prism inclusive, is now for sale in the Netherlands. It is in a very nice condition. The asking price is 150 Euros.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dennis - you are right of course, but at this price (200-300) I am simply looking for a working body/lens. Maybe I will have to upgrade it in the future, and can pass on the "bargain deal" to someone else in my situation when that time comes

Jos - I'm sorry, but that would be out of my budget for a body only, especially with shipping. Thank you, though, and good luck with selling it!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pipyr: With all due respect to individual prevailing circumstances, I would not buy a Pentax 67 or (earlier) 6x7 with a lens for $200! Even a well used slightly battered one with a good lens but fully functional like the 105mm f2.4 costs around $1,100 (with TTL meter, 67 version). Anything with severe dents, scrapes, cracks, or inconsistent operation should be avoided. These cameras have been well-worked, often heavily and thrashed about in their pro lives and failure in a later life is often catastrophic. The bodies are difficult to get parts for: 67 shutters, shutter brakes, mirror dampers and brakes, mirrors, winding gears (the winding knob is a known potential weak spot) TTL meter coupling chains ... all ceased production many years ago. Parts have to be scavenged from other 67 or 6x7 bodies. They are truly dinosaurs of medium format but beautiful ones at that, and pre-loved, looked after specimens will have many years of faithful service left in them. So... Find a reasonably well cared-for specimen and hang the budget. Remember the simple rule of economics that forbids paying a little and getting a lot!
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 08-16-2012 at 06:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Garyh, I might be looking at something different than you are, but I'm seeing pentax 67 cameras with a single lens go for anywhere from $300-500 fairly regularly on ebay, and just did a search in the archives here and saw the same thing; some of them in quite nice condition. $500 is simply too much for me right now, so I'm hoping to find something in the lower range that might not be as pretty. Thank you for your input, though, I will keep the mechanics in mind if I find anything near my price point

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin