Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,913   Posts: 1,556,269   Online: 861

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: Cambo 4x5 ground glass

I bought a sheet from eBay, the new yanke glass. Took a month to deliver, fresnel was scratched and it didn't fit (was half a mm too wide) so a month without use of my Cambo 4x5 and still no resolution. If anyone has a ground glass or has seen a ground glass for my camera, let me know! In the mean time, I wait for the guy to get in touch.

Also, unrelated but what would be the best way of shaving off half a mm of a sheet of glass?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I also need one. Let me know if you hear of more than one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Cambo GG is really expensive. I needed one and bought from Steve Hopf. Good glass and good service. It fit with no alteration. When I bought he did not offer markings, but I think that has changed. Check out his site and consider that option:

http://www.hopfglass.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by welly View Post
    I bought a sheet from eBay, the new yanke glass. Took a month to deliver, fresnel was scratched and it didn't fit (was half a mm too wide) so a month without use of my Cambo 4x5 and still no resolution. If anyone has a ground glass or has seen a ground glass for my camera, let me know! In the mean time, I wait for the guy to get in touch.

Also, unrelated but what would be the best way of shaving off half a mm of a sheet of glass?
    I would think a good glass shop can handle shaving off 0.5mm with a sander they use to polish the edges of glass.

I have a few different ground glasses and fresnels for 4x5, give me the exact dimensions and I may have something to fit. I have a Boss that I used on an Ebony,
    and I think I can find an Arca fresnel.

Use herbcunningham@gmail.com for an email address.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a nice Cambo GG with 1/2" grid and markings for 6x9cm and Polaroid pack film. What's it worth to you?

Edit: I found a second GG but it's in a complete Cambo bail back. This one has the larger 1" grid with markings for 6x6, 6x7, 6x9 and 6x12.
    Last edited by Old-N-Feeble; 09-12-2012 at 08:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin