Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,419   Online: 1028

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

WTB - Series 7 to metric filter adapter

Hi,

I have been meaning to look for one for a while, so I thought I would try here first, to see if anyone has a spare.

I am looking for a Series 7 (VII) to metric filter adapter, where the series 7 is the thread on the lens and the metric size is the thread that accepts the filter. My preference would be series 7 to 67mm (as the lions share of filters I own are 67mm), but I would basically take anything with a smaller metric thread.

If you have a spare you want to part with, please send me a PM.

Thanks

Images
    The Series filters are the size of the actual filter not the lens diameter. That is a Series 7 filter holder may have anywhere from a 49mm to 62mm threads to fit various lenses. By having a different filter holder to fit all your lenses with different diameters, you can use the same set of filters on all the lenses. Think of them as an early version of the Cokin system, different adapters for individual lens that allow you to mount one set of filters. Some of the holders are screw-on, some are push on.

That said, 67mm filters will screw into the front of a Series 8 holder. But you have to get the right size holder for each of your lenses. When I was shooting 4x5, I used a Series 8 holder that had 3 thumb screws that tightened down on the outside of the lens barrel. I got use the same holder on all my lenses smaller than 67mm in diameter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OKO, I thought it was a standard size. I do realise that there is, or should be a retaining ring and that the filters were drop in. I didn’t realise that the thread wasn’t a standard.

Back to the drawing board I suppose!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whatcha tryin' to do mister?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am trying to use 67 mm filters on a Koni Omega (58mm lens). I did read somewhere that you could use a series VII to VIII adaptor and the 67's will screw into that.

For this to happen, though, I would also need to get a retaining ring, as my 58 doesn't have it.
    SO, if anyone has a:
    Retaining ring for a K-O 58mm lens
    A Series VII to VII adaptor,

Please let me know!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hoffy me old fruit - PM me your address and I'll send you a Ser.VII->58mm ring. Then all you'll need is a standard 58mm->67mm step up ring.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Paul - I have sent you a PM

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ring on the way - The gods willing (a.k.a. Customs & postal services), should be with you in around two weeks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin