Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,111   Online: 923

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: Aperture Scales for Copal #0, Compur #0, Copal #1, Compur #1

I know I can have them custom-made but that's too pricey for the lenses I need these for. I also know I can make them but my hands are too unsteady these days for dainty work.

I also need a couple of those itsy-bitsy screws to hold the scale onto the Copal #1. You know the ones that always fall through some tiny crack to be lost forever!!

What I need:

Compur #0 - f/4.5

Copal #0 --- f/9

Compur #1 - f/6.3

Copal #1 --- f/6.8

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Simply knowing the maximum aperture won't do it, you need to tell us what lenses. For example, if that Copal 1 f/6.8 is for a 210 Geronar (Caltar II-E), I have a set so they'll be right on. If it's for a 210 Angulon, they won't be exact but are probably close enough. They're unlikely to be close for any other focal length.

Send me a PM if interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Too bad I can't modify my original post. Please see more precise information below. These are the lens/shutter combinations I need scales for.

Compur #0 --------- 105mm f/4.5 Tominon

Copal #0 ----------- 150mm f/9 G-Claron

Synchro-Compur #1 - 210mm f/6.3 Commercial-Astragon

Copal Press #1 ------ 210mm f/6.8 Caltar II-E

BTW, does anyone need a front dual scale (f5.6/12) for a Synchro-Compur #1... my guess is this is from a 210mm Convertible Symmar.
    Last edited by Old-N-Feeble; 09-05-2012 at 11:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    B-u-u-ump TTT!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Old old old old old BUMP!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What scales are currently on the shutters ?

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Ian,

Compur #0 with 105 Tominon never had a f/scale... salvaged shutter (from??)

Copal #0 with 150mm G-Claron has a f/6.8-45 scale with no other markings

Compur #1 with 210mm Commercial Astragon has a dual scale f-5.6/12 (from convertible Symmar??)

Copal #1 with 210mm f/6.8 Caltar II-E never had a f/scale... salvaged shutter (MP-3 35mm??... not the right markings for MP-4)

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Goldstein View Post
    For example, if that Copal 1 f/6.8 is for a 210 Geronar (Caltar II-E), I have a set so they'll be right on. If it's for a 210 Angulon, they won't be exact but are probably close enough.
    Why won't they be the same for the same focal length?

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Why won't they be the same for the same focal length?

Steve.
    Yes and No, in theory.

The issues are that Focal lenghts are nominal so a 210 lens might really be 207mm, another type 213mm, for high accuracy the scales would be positioned slightly differently, the scale itself is the same. In practice the difference is negligible and well with the 30% +/- tolerance that's acceptable for shutter speed accracy, OK we are talking apertures but well below 1/3 of a stop.

I've been using similar lens cells (to the OP) in various shutters but I have the advantage of being able to compare the scales on the shutters with those on other lenses and/or knowing what lenses were in them originally.

So for instance I'm using a pair of 150mm f6.3 Geronar cells in an Agi #0 shutter off a 6x6 Agifold camera which originally had a 75mm lens fitted and in thiscase I simply use double the marked aperture. What confuses issues are that sometimes the lens barrel itself restricts the maximum aperture, a a 90mm f6.8 Angulon in a Compur #0 uses only part of the aperture range.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin