Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,949   Posts: 1,585,939   Online: 1002

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    Agfa APX 100 is still being made, it imade by Agfa of Belgium and it is now marketed under the Rollei brand name.

In USA http://freestylephoto.biz/ sells it and look up the Hans Maco website in Germany
    Sorry but this isn't the same film as the old APX 100 which discontinued 7-8 years ago not long before Agfa folded.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: Agfa APX 100 in 120 rolls

Agfa APX 100 is still being made, it imade by Agfa of Belgium and it is now marketed under the Rollei brand name.

In USA http://freestylephoto.biz/ sells it.....
    All I see there is the Rollei Blackbird 100 and the Rollei RPX 100, both of which I understand are not APX100. I thought Rollei Retro 100 was but none there....
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agfa does no longer make Agfa APX 100 film. That production stopped with the demise of their former Leverkusen plant.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

WTB: Agfa APX 100 in 120 rolls

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Agfa does no longer make Agfa APX 100 film. That production stopped with the demise of their former Leverkusen plant.
    I have ONE 35mm roll I got from HIGH SCHOOL when my teacher said "this year we aren't using film for the yearbook pictures, do you want these?" And of course I took them, shot all but one and have had that ever since, it's probably no good but I've been waiting for the "right time" to use it haha.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    There has been a lot said on the forums about APX 100 making a comeback, may be produced by Agfa Belgium or the fine folks at Adox in Germany or perhaps an improved version?

There was a huge inventory of master rolls of APX100 from the last coating production in Leverkusen in 2005, not all of it when it was sold off was labeled as APX100, Lupus, Maco and Rollei marketed the last of it.

RPX100? The package does not say made by Agfa Belgium, it does not appear to be one of the Aviphot B&W films so it might be a custom made film by Agfa? I am not for certain about this, one could always ask Maco/Rollei or the folks at Agfa Belgium, Anyone tried this new RPX100?
    Package says "Made In Germany" and "Made In Europe" so not really sure who makes it.
    Last edited by Alpenhause; 01-20-2013 at 03:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I actually have quite a quite nice supply of APX 100 (in bulk 100' rolls and in 120) , as well as some 25 and 400, in both 120 and 35mm. There are still a few bulk (100 ft) rolls of AGFA colour 35mm. There are also several boxes of 5"X4" (or in North American, 4"X5") APX 100 and APX 400 sheet film.

All of these have been in the deep-freezer since, I guess the earliest would be, about 1990; many, probably most, that are left, date from about the turn of the century. The past one, of course.

I'm not really attentive to the suggested expiry dates, probably because I rely upon the principles of physics and chemistry, which include the time/temperature/activity reciprocity model at sub-zero temperatures.

I have also stored several (8 or 10) Litres of 1993 to 2001 vintage Rodinal. Lovely, unadulterated, virgin bottles of the formula that I learned to love.

I cannot possibly use all of this film in my normal expected life span, but I still hope, as I'm sure each of you do, to outlive all the others.

None of this is for sale, of course ( such a coarse way of thinking about it ) but it would be nice to find that someone was interested enough to believe in this stuff.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by barzune View Post
    I actually have quite a quite nice supply of APX 100 (in bulk 100' rolls and in 120) , as well as some 25 and 400, in both 120 and 35mm. There are still a few bulk (100 ft) rolls of AGFA colour 35mm. There are also several boxes of 5"X4" (or in North American, 4"X5") APX 100 and APX 400 sheet film.

All of these have been in the deep-freezer since, I guess the earliest would be, about 1990; many, probably most, that are left, date from about the turn of the century. The past one, of course.

I'm not really attentive to the suggested expiry dates, probably because I rely upon the principles of physics and chemistry, which include the time/temperature/activity reciprocity model at sub-zero temperatures.

I have also stored several (8 or 10) Litres of 1993 to 2001 vintage Rodinal. Lovely, unadulterated, virgin bottles of the formula that I learned to love.

I cannot possibly use all of this film in my normal expected life span, but I still hope, as I'm sure each of you do, to outlive all the others.

None of this is for sale, of course ( such a coarse way of thinking about it ) but it would be nice to find that someone was interested enough to believe in this stuff.
    Nice tease! haha. I'd LOVE to have just a few rolls in 120, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to give any of it up :-P I only have my single 25mm to trade.

On the Rodinal, as far as I understand it, the Adox Adonal is EXACTLY the same formula... they ALSO have the OLD formula which I guess was an old Rodinal that AGFA updated and for some reason Adox bought and produce both formulas (which honestly I don't know what the difference is, I'm sure you do). Why store that in freeze, get out there and shoot!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I must admit I am quite pleased APX has such a loyal following along with the Rodinal.

I picked up quite a bit of Agfa film just after the bankruptcy and froze it, films like CT Precisa, RSXII, APX and Ultra 100 color neg film and Optima.

I just tried the Maco TCS Eagle asa 400 color negative film that is sold by Macodirect.de in Germany and it is quite pleasing, color similar to Ultra 100, a bit on the grainy side but nice, I have emailed Maco to see if this is a custom made by Agfa Belgium product, The TCS Eagle film specs document does not seem to match the Aviphot 400 speed aerial film from Agfa specs document too closely

Maco did however confirm that Aviphot 400 color neg and Rollei CN200 are one and the same.

I had read on one of the forums that Adox is just waiting for the current stocks of Leverkusen APX to run dry and is very much interested in producing a proper APX or an improved version, I still see APX100 for sale on the Macodirect.de website in 35mm size and the APX 120 is for sale on ebay.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    RPX films are made by Harman/Ilford in Great Britain.
    They have nothing in common with the AGFA APX films.
    I'm pretty confident that Adox will produce APX emulsions in the future.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    APX 100 type 135 is even on the shelves of the local drugstore-chain-store.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin