Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,534   Posts: 1,572,717   Online: 753

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's not the same APX as the real APX. There is some discussion of this in the archives.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So far no fakes of APX have shown up in the red-dot AgfaPhoto version.
    You are right in so far as the AgfaPhoto APX is not converted by Agfa. But it is still made out of 2005 or so Agfa/AgfaPhoto stock.

However there are meanwhile AgfaPhoto branded colour films on the market, that have no origins at Agfa anymore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have read a lot on forums about the CT Precisa color slide film from AgfaPhoto not always material from Leverkusen, I had heard some is original Leverkusen Precisa then after that Ektachrome Elite? currrent stuff on sale now is Fuji.

Some of the color print film of the "Vista" series is from Ferrania?

Once AgfaPhoto no longer has anymore Leverkusen produced film they should best be ignored for any future purchases.

The fine folks at Lomography were once a source of Leverkusen Agfa film but I doubt they have much if at all for sale anymore, the current X-Pro 100 slide film is Kodak Ektachrome, why? the lomo film box says "Made In USA" packaged in Mexico. The X-Pro 200 is definately from Agfa Belgium, this film just like its kissing cousin Rollei CR 200 slide film when developed in E-6 renders a profound "Piss Color" cast in broad daylight this film is supposed to be just like the old RSX 200 or CT Precisa 200 but is just a "Piss Poor" joke, the film looks good though when shot before sunrise or after sunset or on overcast days.
    I wonder if Rollei/Maco might convince Agfa Belgium to produce the film without the yellow bias inherent in the Aviphot Chrome 200 for us non aviation photographers, the original RSX 200 from Leverkusen certainly had a normal color balance that a lot of people really liked, no yellow bias.

Funny how Freestylephoto in Hollywood more or less denied this Rollei CR 200 slide film had anything unusual about it when I confronted them regarding its profound yellow bias, my lab processed this film with my Ektachrome and Fujichrome in the same process batch, all the Fuji and Kodak slide film looked perfect just the CR 200 turned out piss colored.

People who have never used Rollei CR 200 slide film processed in E6 may be in for a real "piss off"
    Last edited by Alpenhause; 01-21-2013 at 06:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I havent used agfa aero 35 mm film but web galleries confirms your point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin