Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,541   Posts: 1,598,943   Online: 925

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Ditto the comment on adhesive foam board - it's probably my issue, but I gave up using it due to bubbled prints. The tissue, on the other hand, has never failed me. Well, once but only because I used this plastic-like version that got on my print. Good old Bienfang BufferMount has been my go to for fiber prints. It's getting expensive though and a little hard to find.

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Do people still use dry mounting tissue? Surely there are much better methods of mounting these days, like self adhesive foam board.
    Oh for Crissakes, not this again. People dry mount. Some, though perhaps not you, do it well. Get over it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    B&H has Seal/Bienfang dry mount tissue for under 30 cents a sheet (8x10). The Dry Lam brand is more like 22 cents. That's got to be cheaper than sticky adhesive (not to mention easier to use if you have a heat press). I love using dry mount tissue.

Shooter
    35mm
    There are many great threads on dry mounting et al - I particularly like:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum46/6...nt-prints.html

...so as not to open up a new can of worms. Off to press some shirts, then some photos, and maybe make a pancake or two.

-D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beinfang Color Mount tissue is just fine for fb paper as well as rc. It's a low temperature tissue that just needs to be pressed after heating. i use a large paint roller with a soft nappy texture, and the prints lie flat and stay flat. There's nothing old fashioned about it. And, as nexus writes above, a hobby store carries inexpensive and perfectly useable tacking irons for a fraction of the price of dedicated photo mounting ones.
    John Voss

My Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin