Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,187   Online: 991

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: EG&G Sensitometer

I am looking for a working, cared for, sensitometer, EG&G, preferably Mark VI or newer. For those interested in why, please have a look at my thread about improvising a sensitometer and the thread about my film testing experience.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rafal - just a thought - if you're planning on doing some sensitometer-based film testing or BTZS type stuff, you might want to consider Fred Newman's testing service at View Camera Store. He'll expose sheets/rolls of film with a calibrated sensitometer. Unless contact testing is something you're going to do all the time, do you really need to invest in one of these things?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Michael,

I guess it depends on the price of an EG&G. If I could get one for a good price, I would love to do my own sensitometry exposures, as it agrees with my way of thinking. The results is important, but the journey towards it, with a better inner understanding of the intricacies of the material, too. I wouldn't be doing photographic darkroom all those years if I did not have a weakness for the beauty of the process, I suppose...
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin