Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,168   Online: 1070

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    OK, here's the three I am not using. a 6x4.5 (although it measures 6x4cm in reality...is that normal?), then there is a 2.5x3.25" and lastly a 3x4". None of which have the ring you described.... the D6 does seem to like those. Interested?

Sorry, don't own a proper digital camera so my phone shall do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-10-16_08-18-35_438.jpg  
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Large Format
    Rats! The one in the lower left is oriented the wrong way for 645 on 120 film...it looks like the old 6x4.5 on 127 size film...very interesting but unfortunately, its not at all useful to me. I am sure somebody else would be interested though.

What are the actual dimensions of the opening in the one in the lower right?

(ps: I don't have a digital camera either...I use the one in the iPad.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a hinged carrier that's about 6 x 8 cm. Interested? I can provide a picture if necessary, but not until tonight.

Let me know,

-- Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    Rats! The one in the lower left is oriented the wrong way for 645 on 120 film...it looks like the old 6x4.5 on 127 size film...very interesting but unfortunately, its not at all useful to me. I am sure somebody else would be interested though.

What are the actual dimensions of the opening in the one in the lower right?

(ps: I don't have a digital camera either...I use the one in the iPad.)
    Brad:

FWIW I use a 6x4.5 carrier oriented in that way on my D6 with masking adapter without difficulty.

For longer strips of negatives I just turn the carrier 90 degrees.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Brad:

FWIW I use a 6x4.5 carrier oriented in that way on my D6 with masking adapter without difficulty.

For longer strips of negatives I just turn the carrier 90 degrees.
    Also, I have an Omega D2...but that doesn't matter. I do not see how the negative carrier shown in the lower left could possibly work for 645 format on 120 film. It is clearly oriented the wrong way. Obviously, it is for 645 format on 127 film.

Do you cut your 120 negatives into individual frames? or, have you removed the film strip guide pins? How does the film strp not get pinched in the pins - which are far to close together to allow a 120 strip between them....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    Also, I have an Omega D2...but that doesn't matter. I do not see how the negative carrier shown in the lower left could possibly work for 645 format on 120 film. It is clearly oriented the wrong way. Obviously, it is for 645 format on 127 film.

Do you cut your 120 negatives into individual frames? or, have you removed the film strip guide pins? How does the film strp not get pinched in the pins - which are far to close together to allow a 120 strip between them....
    Brad:

Now I see what you are talking about .

I didn't pay enough attention to the pins before I made my post.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just got the 6x7 from Brad in the mail today. It's practically new! Thanks again, Brad!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Got everything I needed.

Thanks Brad and Rich!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    K.S. Klain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin