Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,146   Online: 1134

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

150mm Enlarger lens

Hi, looking for a good quality 150mm enlarging lens, must have a 39mm screw mount (to fit a Durst lens board) Interested in Rodagon, Componon S or El-Nikkor.
    Thanks,
    Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm selling a schneider componon S 150mm with 39mm thread, mounted into a beseler lens board and it has the lower lens cap.... I cannot bump the ad I placed for it a few days go. I'll have more pictures tomorrow.$90 takes it.
    Last edited by Andrew Moxom; 10-28-2012 at 11:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hey tony, i have a 135mm schneider companon up for sale right now, just bumped it ... talk to me, make me an offer I can't refuse. That Rollei would look real nice next to it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    hey tony, i have a 135mm schneider companon up for sale right now, just bumped it ... talk to me, make me an offer I can't refuse. That Rollei would look real nice next to it.
    Thanks for the offer, but I was after the 150...already have a 135 Nikkor. The Rollei is great, going to send it off for a CLA next week....they are a sweet camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    Thanks for the offer, but I was after the 150...already have a 135 Nikkor. The Rollei is great, going to send it off for a CLA next week....they are a sweet camera.
    but I've already taught it to sing "Waltzing Matilda."

ct

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    but I've already taught it to sing "Waltzing Matilda."

ct
    Ha! If you find a mint Rollei-Wide for five hundred bucks let me know

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ha! If you find a mint Rollei-Wide for five hundred bucks let me know
    if i were to find one of those at that price, yeah, I'd tell you .. followed by "nyah nyah nyah!"

Or something equally classy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi, looking for a good quality 150mm enlarging lens, must have a 39mm screw mount (to fit a Durst lens board) Interested in Rodagon, Componon S or El-Nikkor.
    Thanks,
    Tony
    I may be wrong, but according to my Beseler 45 MXT enlarger instruction manual, both the Rodagon and Componon-S 150 mm lenses are 50 mm thread. At least they require a Beseler 50 mm flat lens board. Even the Componon-S 135/5.6 is 50 mm. The El-Nikkor 150 mm is also 50 mm screw mount, but there is a 39 mm adapter.

To fit an M39 screw mount, you will need a Rodagon 135/5.6. Don't know about the Durst enlarger, but my Rodagon 135/5.6 requires an extended lens board when used on my Beseler 45S.

Bottom line is that I doubt you will find a Rodagon, Componon S, or El-Nikkor 150 mm enlarger lens with an M39 screw mount. You may have to go to a 135 mm focal length. Even then, you should check whether your enlarger will work with it on a standard Durst lens board. Before you decide, you might want to read Chapter 6 "Enlarging Issues" in Post Exposure: Advanced Techniques for the Photographic Printer (2nd Edition) by Ctein. It's available free online. He evaluated all sorts of enlarging lenses including 4x5.
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 150mm schneider componon s is a 39mm thread.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The Componon S was available in a number of different mount sizes over the years. The two brochures I have (1979 & 1984) lists the 150 Componon S at M32.5, M42mm and M50 sizes while the 180 is shown as M39 or M50. Andrew's M39 version is probably just another variation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin