Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,010   Posts: 1,524,640   Online: 956

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

WTB: Nikon F4 K or P Focusing Screen

Hi Everybody
    I'm looking for a nikon f4 K or P focussing screen. Has to be in good scratch-free condition, and you have to be willing to ship it to Denmark.

Hope one of you have one, since really need for one for my F4 to make manual focusing easier!

Kind Regards
    Mads Hartmann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If someone has a J screen, I would be interested in that as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    F4 screens seem to be limited in variety and scarce, F3 screens diverse and plentiful. At least some Google hits imply that the optics are interchangeable and can be removed from their F3 metal frame and installed in an F4 frame.

Has anyone here successfully done this?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've read that F4 screens can be installed in F3 frames, but not the other way around (apparently focus will be slightly off at the film plane if you do this)

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, the use of F4 screens "as-is" in the F3 is the common swap. I have read indications that the F3 screen optics are the same as the F4 optics and can be swapped into an F4 screen housing. Seems reasonable.

I may just have to obtain one of each and try it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    What I've read is that supposedly there is a little tap in the f4 screen frame that prevents exact focus with f3 screens. Has anybody any experience with swapping f3 screens in f4 frames?
    Kind Regards
    Mads Hartmann

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin