Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,981   Posts: 1,523,810   Online: 1192

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks to Rawhead,this thread is closed!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebes View Post
    I only ever managed to do 6 sheets at a time, leaving half the slots empty, and had to slosh the crud out of it with a tray under it to catch the spills using dilute D76.

Is that because when its fully loaded there isn't enough room for the liquid to move around?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
    Thanks to Rawhead,this thread is closed!

??
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try a homemade slosher Scroll down to my post to see a picture. Your fingers never touch the negs, except from film holder to tray. 450-500 ml of developer will do 1-4 sheets and ensures adequate amount of developer.
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since I've never done it before, does anyone know of a good video on tank processing 4x5>?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    I just saw one of these go for $61 on eBay the other day.... I was shocked.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yankee-AGITA...vip=true&rt=nc
    I have finally given up on Yankee tanks and am going back to tray development. I guess I will list all of my Yankees on ebay!

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a Combi that needs a new film holder part. I looked on B&H and about had a heart attack.

I decided that I'm getting the Mod54 for 4x5 and a 3 reel Paterson tank. Then I'll be first in line for the 5x7 prototype. At least then I can use the tank to develop all the other film I use, too.
    Last edited by Stephanie Brim; 11-14-2012 at 08:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    Is that because when its fully loaded there isn't enough room for the liquid to move around?
    It seems there isn't enough spacing between the slots, but even with slots only half loaded it lacked decent agitation patterns. I seem to remember a professor calling the effect bromide drag, but I'm not sure that was technically true. I got streaks on everything, especially evident in skies and on walls.
    That I evolved a technique that kind-of worked with the yankee seems to be uncommon. Even with only haf the slots loaded I had to slosh it around so much that considerable diluted developer leaked out. It worked, but was a poor solution and I would not use one again. I sort of pushed and pulled it inside of a tray until it just barely lost any fluid with it a certain amount full.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I was a dedicated devotee and defender of Yankee tanks. Must be because I was born in the northern US. Anyway, after so many people complaining about the uneven development in sky or other even toned areas, I finally noticed it in my negatives. I don't often include skies in my compositions so it wasn't obvious. Since then I have tried every possible kind of agitation to eliminate or at least reduce the uneven development. Sometimes I would succeed, other times fail. Sometimes I would succeed and then fail on the next attempt using the same strategy. I have decided that for me, the tanks are inconsistent and unreliable, which is unacceptable to me. So I am returning to open tray development. Yes, I have to work in total darkness, but I actually don't mind it as much as I used to, especially since the developer I am now using is pretty fast. And there is something to be said for sitting in absolute darkness and working by the sense of touch for 15 minutes or so.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No one uses open tanks and hangars anymore? Completely unobstructed exposure to the soup and no inverting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin