Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,911   Posts: 1,556,237   Online: 965

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

4x5 developing tank etc.

I'm getting a little tired of tray development.Anyone out there got a 4x5 developing tank system(everything included)that they want to sell?I'm open to sane suggestions,thanks,Alan.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've got a couple Yankee-type tanks that I'm willing to sell for $25 each (plus shipping). Let me know if you're interested.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I used both a Yankee (the later ones with the drop-in 12-sheet holder) and Jobo.
    The Jobo is easier to use but I thought the negs were a little to contrasty for me -- following their roller rotation method.
    So I instead used it upright per the Kodak method with regular inversions.
    The Yankee tanks are good if you have a good technique. To make the liquid go over the neg surfaces evenly
    you'll need to do twist the tank right and left, like a washing machine agitator, periodically to get good movement.
    Then you'll get good negs with only moderate spilling out the top.
    Oh, and the yankee tanks are also very good if you want to do open tank dipping from dev. to stop to fix. Several tanks can be quite handy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This might be a solution. It is what I use and my volume is not real large.

http://www.mod54.com/about.php

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    I've got a couple Yankee-type tanks that I'm willing to sell for $25 each (plus shipping). Let me know if you're interested.

I just saw one of these go for $61 on eBay the other day.... I was shocked.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yankee-AGITA...vip=true&rt=nc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That is the same exact tank that Alan W is getting from me for $25

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    That is the same exact tank that Alan W is getting from me for $25

I know. Just a few hours after that auction ended, another one sold for $4.99! LOL!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have a combiplan I'm not using because I'm tray developing by inspection. I think they are discontinued now?
    $80 paypal'd and shipped. Ex+ condition, complete with box and (I think) manual.

Just fyi, the Yankee tanks... I used one in college, I only ever managed to do 6 sheets at a time, leaving half the slots empty, and had to slosh the crud out of it with a tray under it to catch the spills using dilute D76. I tried a few other methods and soups and ruined everything else. YMMV, but those things have a horrible reputation. The Jobo and Nikkor S.S. tanks work out well for many people.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Personally, if a Jobo + rotation (CPE/CPP) is not an option, I'd only want to do stand dev. with these tanks. That's what I do with B&W 4x5s when I'm on the road. I keep around a Jobo 2509 + tank just for this purpose (at home I use an Expert Drum on my CPP2). Rodinal 1:100 all the way

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    +1 on what rawhead said
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin