Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,347   Online: 876

Shooter
    Medium Format

WTB Bronica SQAi kit

I'm looking for a Bronica SQAI or an SQA in decent shape with a few lenses and a couple of 120 backs. Preferably, I'd like an SQAI body with the waist level finder, manual winder, the 50, 80, and 150 PS lenses, and a couple of light tight 120 backs. KEH hasn't had any backs in a while and ebay's prices are a little outrageous at the moment.

I could pay around $550.

Could use a decent tripod too.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    550 seems a little low for a SQ-Ai body, 3 lenses (especially of the PS variety), and more than one back, though I'm a Hasselblad man myself, so maybe I'm just too used to looking at the exorbitant prices for that equipment and shying away...
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, it's a little low, but I'm willing to pay a little more than 550 and the lenses don't have to be PS. It seems like recently all the Bronica gear has disappeared and all thats left are kits for $700+ on ebay.

Shooter
    35mm
    We've a Bronica outfit that's been sitting in in aluminium case, unused, since 1996. If you're still looking for something, I'll send you pix.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DSLR View Post
    Yeah, it's a little low, but I'm willing to pay a little more than 550 and the lenses don't have to be PS. It seems like recently all the Bronica gear has disappeared and all thats left are kits for $700+ on ebay.
    I know exactly what you mean! When I bought my SQAi gear not more then 2 years ago, there was plenty of it around - even the odd new lens or two. Now there is hardly anything. Is it all dying?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Now there is hardly anything. Is it all dying?
    Either that or everybody is holding on to it. I read somewhere that Bronica backs have a life span of about 5 years. Hasselblads are about 20 years.

Hows yours holding up?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My back is fine - that would be 5 years professional usage, I would have thought.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anyone have a Bronica SQ prism or waist level finder you're looking to sell?

Shooter
    Large Format
    yes, 550 seems lower for three lens with body and backs. I paid 800 for similar kids on ebay three years ago.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I ended up getting an SQ Ai body, 120 back, 80 f2.8 lens, WLF ($60 from Ebay), and hood all in EX+ condition from KEH for about $550 give or take. So, I guess my asking price was a little low. LOL The camera looks brand new though!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin