Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,573   Online: 1027

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

WTB: Gossen Luna Pro-F or SBC

JUST THOSE. Really. Don't want anything else.

I've looked all over the bloody house for my late SBC and can't find it. I'm throwing in the towel and just getting another one.

There are a number of reasons that I want this particular meter, but the main two are:

* Very low light metering.
    * Use of easily found 9 volt battery.

But, okay, I'll compromise. If you have a meter that does what this one does that also uses a readily available battery (or has been converted to such) feel free to talk to me. Note: by readily available I mean that I can pick it up at the grocery store or, at worst, at Target. I *can* get watch batteries, but I can't get Wein cells.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Gossen was the only company that made meters that can read to light as low as EV -4. Note that the Luna Pro F can NOT read that low...the SBC can, but not the F. Gossen's Ultra Pro, a digital meter, also reads to EV -4 and uses 9-volts, but usually costs more than the SBC (it also has flash metering though).
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Luna Pro F only goes down to -1 EV (ISO 100) so as Chris says for low light the SBC is better. In Europe (and Canada) the SBC was called the ProfiSix so if you happen to come across one of these it's the same meter.
    Last edited by andrew.roos; 11-17-2012 at 04:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have both I can let go at lower than market value. Both come with the Vari-Angle attachment. Any preference?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I may have screwed myself over this week, but I'll PM you. I'll know in about 5 hours.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin