Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,806   Posts: 1,581,399   Online: 1092

Shooter
    4x5 Format

WTB: Gitzo 1325 and Gimbal Head

Hi,

I am looking for a Gitzo 1325 Mk2 Intr Pro Stdx Carbon Fiber tripod.

I cannot afford a lot, but I don't mind if it "looks" beaten up as long as it is fully functional.

Please let me know if you have one you are looking to sell.

I am also looking for a Gimbal head: again...I don't care about cosmetic blemishes as long as it is fully functional.

Thanks.

Avi

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Problem is, since the carbon fiber tripods are a relatively new development, you may have a hard time finding a "well used" CF tripod.
    If you open your request up for a aluminum tripod, there are many available at a reasonable price.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    Problem is, since the carbon fiber tripods are a relatively new development, you may have a hard time finding a "well used" CF tripod.
    If you open your request up for a aluminum tripod, there are many available at a reasonable price.
    yeah...you maybe right. But my budget isn't rock bottom.....I know that those Gitzos don't come cheap. I just can't afford the cost of a new/newish/mint Gitzo.

Regarding Aluminum tripods....I did consider those. But I need a tripod that can support a gimbal head and a Nikon telephoto that I can travel with. Those Al tripods with a high load rating are in the 8-10 lb range....too heavy for travel.

Avi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you cant afford Gitzos then check out Induro tripods. I picked up an AKB-2 (alloy legs) rated for over 22lbs, for well under two hundred bucks, use it mostly for my 4x5 Calumet. I also picked up a pan head for it and can interchange between the ball head and pan head as I desire.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    If you cant afford Gitzos then check out Induro tripods. I picked up an AKB-2 (alloy legs) rated for over 22lbs, for well under two hundred bucks, use it mostly for my 4x5 Calumet. I also picked up a pan head for it and can interchange between the ball head and pan head as I desire.
    Rick...thanks for the excellent suggestion. I checked Induro tripods and the AT313 almost fits the bill (damn it!), but its a bit too heavy for travel. The AT213 is extremely attractive, but I worry if the load rating is sufficient (22 lbs, but I always assume that the manufacturer is overly optimistic).

Which is why I narrowed down to the Gitzo 1325.....it checks all the boxes (except the cost for a new one .

Choices suck!

Avi

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    btw..I am also open to Induro Carbon Fiber Tripods: specifically interested in the 8X CT214 and 8X CT213 Tripod

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin