Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,649   Posts: 1,481,294   Online: 833

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: El Nikkor 150 mm Newer Design

I would like to buy an El Nikkor 150mm enlarger lens, in a very good shape, that is with no scratches, cleaning marks, optical issues, and preferably without too much dust. I am looking for the newer design, which has a knurled aperture ring, not the older, scalloped one. Many thanks.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rafal - not sure if you are interested in possibly getting a new one, but I remember checking Helix Photo when I was looking for my Rodenstock and I think they actually have some stock they never sold...

http://www.helixcamera.com/Darkroom/.../NikkorEL.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Michael. What a nice surprise to see a new one still available. I will see if I can find a second-hand one first, but I have emailed them to confirm stock. Which Rodenstock do you use, 135 or 150, out of interest, and did you compare to the newer El Nikkor? Many thanks, indeed.
    Rafal Lukawiecki

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For 4x5 I use a 150. Never compared it to an EL Nikkor. I'm sure I'd never be able to tell the difference between an EL Nikkor, Rodagon or Schneider Componon-S. Even if there was a difference my print sizes from 4x5 negatives are too small to show it. In 35mm I did once try to compare a 50mm EL Nikkor to my 50mm APO Rodagon since the enlargement factor is higher with small negatives. Again, saw no difference at all. Both razor sharp.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Michael. I also use the Rodagon 150 for my 4x5, and I am pleased with it, but I am curious to see if the contrast/sharpness are different with the newer El Nikkor. I usually print 12x16 or 11x14 only, with glass carriers.
    Rafal Lukawiecki

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a very, very clean model available Rafal. With a front cap. PM me if interested with an offer!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sepiareverb, thanks for replying, but I've managed to get this lens about a year ago, this thread is a little older. I like it very, very much. But now I am on a mission looking for an Apo Rodagon N 150. Would you have one? Will this quest ever stop?
    Rafal Lukawiecki

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin