Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,013   Online: 694

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Full 4x5 setup, lens, camera, backs, all working, for poor photographer.

I'm looking for the impossible, basically a full 4x5 setup with a working camera setup, decent normal/wide lens for specifically landscape / cityscape images.

I have a Patterson 5 reel tank (3 reel if using 120) and I've seen a "MOD54" that seems like a good insert, I would prefer using equipment I already own.

I am in NO hurry (except that 4x5 film might not last much longer...).

I've seen great deals on eBay for around $400 for what I'm talking about, but I'm looking for $200 (or less!) to spend. This sounds crazy perhaps but I know there's someone out there not using their 4x5 who would prefer it be used by someone rather than sit on a shelf.

I'm honestly looking for LESS than $200, more like FREE haha, I would certainly pay shipping, but I know a lot of guys in APUG with huge collections and I'm sure some of those cameras are unused in favor of fancier ones. I could offer a nice print that I make from the camera as an exchange

I've posted on the LF forums and it was suggested I also post here.

Thanks!

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Are you looking for folding camera or something monorail-type would work? I have a modified Meridian press camera that doesn't fold with a Zeiss 115 mm lens and a rotating back I'm willing to sell for $150 + shipping. It's really beat up but works fine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7292.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	807.5 KB 
ID:	60717

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by filmculture View Post
    Are you looking for folding camera or something monorail-type would work? I have a modified Meridian press camera that doesn't fold with a Zeiss 115 mm lens and a rotating back I'm willing to sell for $150 + shipping. It's really beat up but works fine.

Name:	IMG_7292.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	807.5 KB 
ID:	60717
    I would prefer a folding camera, as I don't have room for a full rail setup, even if that would be better in that I would have more tilt/shift options.

I've gotten an offer for a crown royal 4x5 RF with 127mm lens, ground glass, all working, but the 112mm sounds nice... But you say it doesn't fold? As in the folding mechanism is broken?

Thanks!

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post

actually, if i had to bet, I'd say 4 by 5 will be the last format to go. Why? Because demand for it has ALWAYS been relatively small (except for the crash when that upstart george eastman introduced roll film) and steady and its users are all pretty dedicated, so what we're talking here is regular demand.

good god, man, you can still buy 127, for a while anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I'm looking for the impossible, basically a full 4x5 setup with a working camera setup, decent normal/wide lens for specifically landscape / cityscape images.

I have a Patterson 5 reel tank (3 reel if using 120) and I've seen a "MOD54" that seems like a good insert, I would prefer using equipment I already own.

I've seen great deals on eBay for around $400 for what I'm talking about, but I'm looking for $200 (or less!) to spend. This sounds crazy perhaps but I know there's someone out there not using their 4x5 who would prefer it be used by someone rather than sit on a shelf.

I'm honestly looking for LESS than $200, more like FREE haha, I would certainly pay shipping, but I know a lot of guys in APUG with huge collections and I'm sure some of those cameras are unused in favor of fancier ones. I could offer a nice print that I make from the camera as an exchange

I've posted on the LF forums and it was suggested I also post here.

Thanks!

~Stone

Free? you're joking, right? Sell your I thingy and that Canon 1-v, spend that on your new toy.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Free? you're joking, right? Sell your I thingy and that Canon 1-v, spend that on your new toy.
    If I didn't have an I thingy I wouldn't get any jobs at all haha, that's the way of things, in my business (the other one that's not photography) if you don't respond to emails within 2 minutes, you don't get the job.

As far as free, sure why not, some photographers have huge collections of unused LF cameras just collecting dust, if I got one, And enjoyed it enough to move up to a nicer one, I would pass the one I was gifted on to another and get them hooked, pass it on, get more new LF shooters and keep LF film alive.

I gave away one of my Canon AE-1's to someone and now they shoot film when they didn't before.

And I often lend my other AE-1 to newbies. I wouldn't sell my 1V as it is my backup/second to my 5D for weddings and other paid gigs.

And my first AE-1 was gifted to me when I was 12.

A brownie was gifted to me which is what got me into MF...

See a pattern?

I value the photography world, but to help support each other, we sometimes need to "help a brotha out" in the beginning. Since I'm not in school to borrow a LF camera and don't know anyone that has one, its a big investment to just jump right into with no knowledge, and asking for a working LF 4x5 when there are tons out there not being used, it's not such a crazy thing.

~Stone

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I got it as it is and looks like the folding mechanism has been removed and the bed has been attached permanently

Name:	IMG_7296.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	829.0 KB 
ID:	60752

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by filmculture View Post
    I got it as it is and looks like the folding mechanism has been removed and the bed has been attached permanently

Name:	IMG_7296.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	829.0 KB 
ID:	60752
    Oh I see, thanks for the additional info.

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stone, I might have something appropriate at a good price but it won't be free. I'm not a wealthy man. This would be an old but fully functional Graphic View or Crown Graphic in decent or perhaps challenged cosmetic condition, a decent but common inexpensive lens like a 135mm or 127mm Optar, lens board, a simple drape cloth for focusing, and four older DDS. Everything, especially the holders, will need a good cleaning. This doesn't include a tripod, meter, loop, film or other bits. I can sell a basic kit for $200 and I'll pay up to $35 towards the shipping. LMK if you're interested so I can dig through my stuff. If you're up to the task of finding some small missing parts such as little screws, etc. then I can do a little better.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin