Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,906   Online: 1162

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

WTB Mamiya 7 43mm Viewfinder (or 21mm or 20mm in 135)

I have a Mamiya 7 and a 43mm lens, but no viewfinder, the official 43mm one is just stupid expensive for a plastic window with frame lines. I don't care what brand, (even official if someone is generous) but 21mm is the 35mm equivalent so that or I suppose 20mm would be more common.

It anyone has one they would sell pleas let me know, thanks

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 12-15-2012 at 08:39 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Edited title, forgot to put WTB

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

*bump*

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Bump

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have never seen a generic 6x7 43mm equivalent. The Mamiya viewfinder also has lines that compensate for parallax. The prices for most viewfinders seems to be crazy, luckily I got mine with my lens.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    I have never seen a generic 6x7 43mm equivalent. The Mamiya viewfinder also has lines that compensate for parallax. The prices for most viewfinders seems to be crazy, luckily I got mine with my lens.
    Wait you mean the Mamiya viewfinder that attaches to the hot shoe compensates for parallax? I'm not sure I understand that exactly, how? can you elaborate? thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It just has some extra frame lines, I think some are for closer distances. Nothing particularly high tech.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by edibot42 View Post
    It just has some extra frame lines, I think some are for closer distances. Nothing particularly high tech.
    Oh I see.

I was thinking if I could get a 21mm (for 35mm film) and then just mark where the 6x7 vertical edges were at least I would have some better idea of what the image would be, but the only thing out there for that are the Leica viewfinders which are also like $300 a piece... It is really frustrating....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Wait you mean the Mamiya viewfinder that attaches to the hot shoe compensates for parallax? I'm not sure I understand that exactly, how? can you elaborate? thanks.
    Yes, there are two sets of horizontal lines for close distance compensation.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    Yes, there are two sets of horizontal lines for close distance compensation.
    Oh ok gotcha, thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    they show up on ebay from time to time, sometimes under $100, but it can vary a lot. They are a nicely made piece, adjustable diopter, bubble level (very handy with this lens), etc. Granted, not worth what MAC wants for them new, but easily worth $100 I'd say, all things considered and taking into account that the Mamiya 7 is on the higher-end of medium format systems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin