Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,783   Posts: 1,671,245   Online: 899

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Lever for Bogen 3221 tripod

I have an old Bogen 3221tripod with the lever used to raise and lower extension mast that has gone missing. All I need is the lever. It is not the one with a screw that holds it in place but rather the one which is spring loaded. Please attached image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bogen 3221.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've got one that I can spare. Make me an offer via private message for handle and postage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A-yup, I have the same part missing from my 3021. It's lost somewhere in the woods around the Quabbin Reservoir. Oh well!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I have that one too - lousy design. I carry that tripod in the trunk of my car and always check first to see if it has come off while driving around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Found it on the list. Thanks to all. BB

Shooter
    35mm
    For others who have a tripod missing this lever: I found that a standard radio knob (designed to fit a 1/4" shaft) will fit if you drill out its brass insert to 9/32" and use a hacksaw to chop of about 1/2" of the shaft on the tripod (this ruins the shaft for using the original lever, but parts are no longer available, so I chose a working tripod over an original one missing parts.). The knob now works to tighten and loosen the clamp just fine. Go easy with is as it is now missing the 1/2 turn limiter.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin