Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,407   Online: 1124

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    Sorry for the delay. I've been tied up with other things. This camera is in very nice condition showing very few signs of use other than some minor polishing of the leather covering in the usual places. It has a Graflok back and working Kart rangefinder with good mirror. The price depends on whether or not you need a lens board (or more than one), viewfinder with/without mask(s), and one or more sets of infinity stops. If you don't need anything but the camera itself then I'll sell it for $95 shipped to Iowa. If you're interested then I'll post photos in this thread.
    I'm definitely interested. I won't use the rangefinder or viewfinder, just the glass. I will need a lens & working shutter however, film holders too. I'm looking for something in the 150-180mm range. I used to use a 15cm CZ Tessar with 3x4 and really liked it.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixcinater View Post
    I have 3 roll film holders (one Suydam and two Rollex brand) and a 12-shot bag mag if you'd be interested. I have only 2x3 and 4x5 equipment so these are of no use to me.
    I appreciate your offer. I have no interest in roll film, but the 12-shot bag mag might interest me depending on condition & price. I prefer normal film holders though.

Thanks,
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a good price for an example this nice. It's not mint by any stretch but its certainly one of the better ones. The pop-out hood is included. Add $15 for a nice lens board.

I have a few lenses in the 150-180mm focal range... 162mm Optars, 165mm and 180mm CZJ Tessars, 150mm Apo Symmar, 180mm Symmar-S, 152mm Ektar... to name a few. Are you trying to stay within a budget? Are size and weight of any concern? Any particular vintage you want? Is maximum aperture important?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 165 Tessar sounds great, I'd like to hear more about it.
    My budget is around $3-500

Thanks!
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Tessar is way under your budget so no worries there. It's a very fine lens... just not very pricey. Being non-coated you'll need to shade it from direct light hitting the glass during exposure. It's in a nice dial-set Compur shutter with perfect glass. The shutter shows very minor brassing on the outer edges from being handled. How does $85 for the lens when bought/shipped with the camera sound to you?

You need photos of the camera, 165mm CZJ Tessar and a lens board. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Do you need 3x4 DDS film holders? I have some but I'll need to check their condition. Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig them out of their storage box.
    Last edited by Old-N-Feeble; 12-25-2012 at 09:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Mike. The Tessar and Compur sound good. I will definitely need film holders. Please do let me know what you have.

I've been looking for film as well. Looks to me like no one makes it anymore. I used Efke last time. Any ideas where I might find film in this size? This might be a game changer for me on the 3x4 size. Does Ilford still do a special cutting for odd sizes?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're welcome, Matt. Thank you for purchasing these. I promise you'll not regret it. I'll have a look at the film holders and post photos of everything today. I also have a couple of 3x4 film processing hangers you can have with the camera and lens.

I've seen 3x4 film very recently but I can't remember where. I'll look for it. AFAIK, Ilford does still accept special group orders but that's only once per several months. If need be you can always cut 4x5 to fit but it's easier just to stock up when it's available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm charging my camera battery. Sorry... I should have done that yesterday.

EDIT: It's not taking a charge. I'll dig up another battery.
    Last edited by Old-N-Feeble; 12-26-2012 at 07:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Matt,

The box of 1989 Plus-X film is in the mail...
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Vaughn!

No worries Mike. I'm not in a rush.

I am looking forward to wet fingers though!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin