Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,207   Online: 965

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok. So the red arrow points to a lever which rides on a ramp. This controls how far the diaphragm opens when the button is pressed. If the lever has somehow slipped off the ramp then turning the aperture ring (which is connected to the ramp) will not change the diaphragm size. If this is the case get the lever to ride on the ramp and check that the lock ring (green arrow) is not loose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2910.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On mine, the aperture ring doesn't move the ramp or the inside sleeve that it is connected to (just inside from the lock ring, about where the tails of your arrows are). The lock ring is indeed not loose; I can't even get it to budge.

Shooter
    35mm
    Unfortunately I can't find my jewellers screw drivers to take mine apart any further. I suspect that if you loosen the remaining set screws on the aperture ring you can remove it, it should be engaging the sleeve in the picture that you mentioned via a screw or peg. It's possible somebody took it apart previously and just didn't put the parts back together correctly. Otherwise it's broken. That's all the help I can offer unfortunately.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It isn't engaging that sleeve at all, so I assume it is indeed broken. I'll compare it to the lens on my other Miranda to confirm that. I'll continue to check on eBay for a replacement. Thanks very much for your help!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You may already know it, but the "side arm" for the Miranda Sensorex series lenses does not mate up with the Sensomat series bodies (which are similar to the DR and other early models). The lenses will mount on both bodies, but the side arm on the lenses is NOT the same. Bottom line: If someone offers you the lens from a Sensorex, it can be used.... but you probably won't be thrilled.

I have a Miranda waist level finder near mint in original box that I could part with. It fits the Sensorex, but I don't know if it fits the DR or Sensomat series cameras.
    bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Bob. Is there an easy way to identify the non-compatible Miranda lenses? I only have early models: an A and a DR.

Shooter
    35mm
    A and DR predate the Sensomat line by a decade, so it should be obvious. Also the A and DR do not have meters either, so even if you mount the Sensorex lenses - there's no meter for them to couple to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin