Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,142   Online: 1110

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: Minolta 16 carts

I just acquired a Minolta 16MG camera and would like to give it a spin. Unfortunately, it didn't come with any film cartridges, and from what I've heard, the guy selling the cartridges on ebay is selling crappy epoxy knock-offs that have light leaks and scratch the film. If anyone has an extra cartridge, I'd appreciate it.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I have a set of Minolta 16 Filters that I want to find a user for them pm me

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a 3 new-original-stock cartridges, with box and still in sealed "coffin". I have some used ones that would be cheaper, but they won't be accessible to me for a couple of weeks. PM me if interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Minolta 16mm cartridges - sealed.jpg  
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    here's a tip for you Minolta 16 shooters -- you don't actually need a cartridge to use those cameras. If you take a length of 16mm film (about 20 inches, I believe) you can coil it up on the supply side of the film chamber, tape the end to the take-up shaft on the other side (all this is in total darkness, of course) close it up and away you go -- you have to take the film out in a darkroom too, but if you just want to give the thing a try, this works.

If you do this, fire off about 5 blanks -- frame spacing on those is usually done by a cam that compensates as the take-up roll gets fatter, but the take up shaft is thinner than what the cam is designed for, so you need to compensate more.

if you go to submini.org you can find sources for film, or make a cheap slitter (i once made one out of a couple blocks of wood, a door hinge and some felt and razor blades) and make your own.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Purchase pending...
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I remembered this thread from a few days ago.
    Was looking through 'Pacific Rim Camera' for other things, and saw a mini 16 cartridge.
    On their 'catalog' page, click to 'new arrivals,' then to 'sub miniature.'

[SIZE=2]155945 MINOLTA CASSETTE FOR MINOLTA 16, EX $20.00[/SIZE]

Last edited by Marc B.; 01-08-2013 at 12:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin