Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,759   Online: 1058

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: Remote Battery Pack for Bronica SQ-Ai

Greetings,

I need one of those battery packs for my Bronica SQ-Ai. The one that uses 4 AA batteries.

Does not have to be pretty just 100% functional. Paypal only.

It's friggin' cold out here!

Thanks,

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bump!

Shooter
    35mm

I don't have the battery pack, only a suggestion. I use a remote pack for a Sankyo super8 camera to power my SQAm. All you really need is the AA holder and a cable with the correct plug. Maybe you could get the bits from an electronic supplier? Battery holders are certainly available. I can't recall exactly what the plug/socket looks like, but I'm sure it's a common design. I did look for the genuine part, but couldn't find one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, I never thought of that option.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where would you plug it? where is says "SCA adapter connector"?

Shooter
    35mm

The SQAm has a socket on the side of the grip. I've looked at the connection. It is a type of coaxial socket you see on devices that use a mains adaptor or charger. I don't know about the SQAi. I'm not an expert on flash, but I'm sure the SCA adapter is for use with Metz flash equipment. If you don't have the camera manual, try to look it up online. It may show a picture of the remote battery pack and where it connects.

Shooter
    35mm

I had a look at the SQAi manual. It has a system chart on the last page that shows two different external battery packs. One is for the camera battery. It appears to have a connector shaped like the holder for the four LR44 cells. This would be difficult to fabricate at home! The other has some sort of plug similar to what I use on the SQAm. I wonder if this connects to the motor drive when fitted. I think the motor drive batteries take over from the camera batteries when it is fitted. Perhaps someone else has this equipment and could clarify for you. Alex

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin