Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,337   Posts: 1,537,579   Online: 1062

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

WTB (or borrow): The World of Lith Printing

I know this is a really big long shot, but I thought I'd check anyway. You never know, stranger things have happened! I've been getting started on printing lith images and have had a heck of a time finding resouces to help me out. You can see my first (probably pitiful) attempts on my Flickr site using Arista Premium Liquid A&B Lith Developer and Ilford MGWT paper. I have checked out Moersch's site and Tim Rudman's site as well as seached here for information. There is good information, but it is not very in depth. Many hits on this site recommend Tim Rudman's books, which are completely unavailable or are priced at insanely/stupidly high prices.

Anyway, if anybody has a copy of Tim Rudman's "The World of Lith Printing" they'd be willing to sell at a fair price or would loan to me, I would be <hyperbole>forever indebted</hyperbole>

Thanks for listening and for any additional thoughts that you may have on this topic...

Shooter
    35mm
    [B]Saw one copy at Alibris.com for around 45 dollars

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Johnson View Post
    [B]Saw one copy at Alibris.com for around 45 dollars
    I checked there a couple of times over the last month or so, and have yet to see it at anywhere near such a reasonable price. At this moment, they range in price from $190 to $391.59. What a deal

Thanks Chris! I appreciate the thought...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd say contact Tim directly and ask how to obtain the book: http://www.timrudman.com/contact

If he does not reply, PM me. I have both of his lith books and can lend them to you if you pay for the shipping.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    I'd say contact Tim directly and ask how to obtain the book: http://www.timrudman.com/contact

If he does not reply, PM me. I have both of his lith books and can lend them to you if you pay for the shipping.
    Thanks anikin, I appreciate it. I'll try to contact Tim again and if that fails, PM you for a loan. He should be back from Iceland by now I think.

Thanks again...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've got one you can borrow. I believe he did a second edition of it, and this would be the first edition, I suppose.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    By the way, the "Master Photographer's Lith Printing Course" is available on *bay. Search for it, for example item # 360550817486

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for that anikin! I was just able to get it through Half.com for even less from the same seller. Nice! Any thoughts on this one vs The World of Lith Printing? Are both recommended or is just "Master Photographer's Lith Printing Course" good for awhile?

Thanks again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's been a while since I read them. I'll take a look when I get home tonight. I believe the the "Course" was much more thorough/useful, but my memory might be fading...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just looked at both of these books. As I said, the "Course" contains an order of magnitude more information on how-to's of Lith printing. The "World of Lith Printing" is more of a collection of different printing styles and examples. They are quite inspiring, but as a practical guide, the "Course" is what you want. If you want, I can still mail the "World" to you to borrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin