Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,369   Online: 1136

Shooter
    4x5 Format

WTB: Graflex RB or similar 4x5 SLR in [nearly] any condition

I'm looking for a 4x5 SLR like Graflex RB. I have one in great condition but with torn shutter curtain so your camera may be missing anything except for shutter as I have all the parts. Therefore I'm not looking to pay too much. I'm in Canada but I have a shipping address in US.
    Last edited by filmculture; 01-19-2013 at 04:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by henry finley View Post
    Are you selling or are you buying? I googled up a Graflex RB, just to see what it was. Looks neat. I swear, I'd be determined to repair that shutter if it was mine. How hard could it be?--I ask myself. I've fixed worse things before.
    hi henry

the OP is buying a slr with a similar shutter
    so he can have the shutter and use the rest as parts.

======

good luck finding a parts camera !

john
    Last edited by jnanian; 01-19-2013 at 04:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Large Format
    PM sent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Awhile back someone on this and/or the LFPF was selling the material to repair Graflex shutter curtains but I can't remember who. Maybe a search?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a series D and a super D that I never use but neither is a parts camera and I wont sell them cheap. The super is in beautiful shape. The D is a user but looks a bit rough.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotoguy20d View Post
    I have a series D and a super D that I never use but neither is a parts camera and I wont sell them cheap. The super is in beautiful shape. The D is a user but looks a bit rough.

Dan
    But, he only needs the shutter.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The shutter curtain is technologically not much more complicated than a window blind. If you're able to replace the whole shutter with the shutter from another camera, you can probably replace the shutter curtains with new material that will last much longer than the curtain from another ancient camera. I haven't done this repair myself, but I gather the tricky part is retensioning the main spring. Maybe you can find some hints on graflex.org.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well, it isn't just a shutter problem. My parts camera is also missing a back. I did patch the curtain and the spring tension is totally off so I decided that the parts camera would be a lot more useful. And I found it thanks to one great member.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin