Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,981   Online: 835

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You'll find it easier on mat fiber. Most RC surfaces don't have enough "tooth" to hold the oils, unless you spray them (Marshall's makes something called Pre-Color Spray). I hope you're also trying pencils. They're great for detail areas.

"This week's project has turned into Bromoil prints and I also have easylith and bleach on the way, lol. Nothing like taking it one thing at a time, huh?" Now you're sounding like me. I've been struggling with Bromoil for a few months. Close, but no cigar... Please post with your experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agreed, forget doing oil on RC paper. It won't soak in and will just rub off and look poor since it sits on the surface. Even glossy FB is not ideal, in my experience. The ideal medium is matte finish fiberbase paper. Also as mentioned oil pencils are great for small areas. A white plastic-type works great for removing overpainted areas. Something like this:

http://www.staples.com/Staedtler-Mar...product_274795

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin