Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,635   Online: 1197

Shooter
    Medium Format

WTB: Negative carriers for LPL/Saunders 4x5 enlarger

I am looking for negative carriers for an LPL/Saunders 4x5 enlarger. Specifically I have the 4550XLG but I understand that a number of Omega, LPL and Saunders use the same system. My priority is the large format 4x5 carrier but also looking for medium format 6x4.5 and 6x9 carriers. Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    I've a few Omega bits, but they're in Tasmania, which is about as far from Whitehorse as it's possible to be. PM me if you don't have luck elsewhere.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    I am looking for negative carriers for an LPL/Saunders 4x5 enlarger. Specifically I have the 4550XLG but I understand that a number of Omega, LPL and Saunders use the same system. My priority is the large format 4x5 carrier but also looking for medium format 6x4.5 and 6x9 carriers. Thanks!
    The XLG is a real joy to work with, isn't it?

If you can find the 4x5 glass carrier, it's worth the bucks. I use mine with black masks for almost everything I print.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a 35mm mounted slide 2x2, 6x7 glassless and a 4x5 glassless Saunders negative carriers I could sell. PM me

Shooter
    Large Format
    You can DIY a carrier
    : have a piece of single strength glass cut to the full size of your negative stage. Then have a thin piece of plexy cut to the same size. Tape one edge of the two pieces together to make a hinged sandwich. Finally, cut a piece of black construction paper to the same size as the glass/plexy sandwich and cut an opening in the construction paper to the appropriate size for your negative. You now have a negative carrier and it's cheap. It has the advantage of keeping the negative very flat--no popping. Just make sure you keep all surfaces clean.
    Keith Pitman
    Photographer
    www.keithpitman.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Looks like I have everything I need lined up. As usual APUG delivers, thanks everyone!

Thanks for the tip Keith on DIY I may do that for interim 4x5 printing until my carriers arrive in the mail.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tony,

Do you still have the 35mm mounted slide carrier for the LPL 4500 II? If so....pm me a price.

Brian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin