Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,943   Posts: 1,585,772   Online: 1121

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: Reel or reel+tank for 122/124 film

That's the film for Kodak 3A pocket cameras. Do you have one gathering dust? Please let me know...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please tell me where you get film. Thanks in advance
    Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, my rather ambitious plan is to start coating my own film. But before I do that, I am trying to get all the ducks aligned - no point of making the film if I have no easy way to process it...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been planning to get one of these reels http://www.sullinsndt.com/reels.htm

Roger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    Well, my rather ambitious plan is to start coating my own film.
    Have you sourced film base yet? I've looked, but my Google-fu is failing me miserably in that regard.
    Henry C. Gernhardt, III

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did say it was an ambitious plan. I should add crazy and with a low chance of success. Anyway I was thinking to try Yupo. They make a clear or translucent version. It is a bit stiffer than photo film, so I'm not sure how well it's going to behave on film spools. However it is used for carbon tissue and seems to hold emulsion well. Anyway, I'm not that far ahead in coating, so I've got loooong ways to go before worrying about specifics.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I did say it was an ambitious plan. I should add crazy and with a low chance of success.
    Not as low as you might think. Check out this APUG thread. I was in absolute awe. Time, space, and perseverance are going to be definite prerequisites.

Anyway I was thinking to try Yupo.
    The lead I was looking for. As a result, I wound up finding rolls of acetate film here in what appear to be fairly common film widths. Also, I was able to find multiple sources of 20" and 40" wide clear polyester film in various lengths and thicknesses (from 1 to 7 mils). An example is here.

Anyway, I'm not that far ahead in coating, so I've got loooong ways to go before worrying about specifics.
    If I had the time, space, and disposable income, I'd be all about getting some coating on. Good luck in your endeavors! Oh, and when you do get your production line ready to roll, let me know. I'd love to assist in testing—as long as I can get my old Rexo refurbished.
    Henry C. Gernhardt, III

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It might be easier to find some 9.5 inch aerial film and slit it to the proper width.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's a good find Henry! Thank you for the link. By the way, if you have not seen it, check the substrate thread here: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum205/...glass-etc.html

Quote Originally Posted by hgernhardt View Post
    The lead I was looking for. As a result, I wound up finding rolls of acetate film here in what appear to be fairly common film widths. Also, I was able to find multiple sources of 20" and 40" wide clear polyester film in various lengths and thicknesses (from 1 to 7 mils). An example is here.

If I had the time, space, and disposable income, I'd be all about getting some coating on. Good luck in your endeavors! Oh, and when you do get your production line ready to roll, let me know. I'd love to assist in testing—as long as I can get my old Rexo refurbished.
    Heh, if I ever get to that point, I will certainly send you a roll to try

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    It might be easier to find some 9.5 inch aerial film and slit it to the proper width.
    Sure, but that would be too easy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin