Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,888   Online: 1198

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

WTB: waist level finder for Pentax LX

Annyone have wlf for Pentax LX?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm
    Have you ever tried one? I owned one. IMO it is practically useless.
    The tiny reversed image cannot be viewed from anywhere near waist level.

A much better option is the FB-1/FC-1 "speed finder" combination.

Chris
    Bring back the latent image!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never used the WL finder for my LX, but i have my father's AsahiFlex which of course had WL Not fun for normal shooting, the only use I could imagine for one would be for really low-level work, and for that I'd much prefer the RF converter, or the combo ChrisPlatt suggests, or the FD-1. Have a look at this for a survey of the goodies: http://www.pentaxforums.com/accessor...ewfinders.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GRHazelton View Post
    I've never used the WL finder for my LX, but i have my father's AsahiFlex which of course had WL Not fun for normal shooting, the only use I could imagine for one would be for really low-level work, and for that I'd much prefer the RF converter, or the combo ChrisPlatt suggests, or the FD-1. Have a look at this for a survey of the goodies: http://www.pentaxforums.com/accessor...ewfinders.html
    Oops! I should have typed FE-1, not FD-1. I have the FE-1, and its fine for ground level work, unless you want to shoot a vertical! I'd still suggest the RF converter for general use. Be careful! There were at least 2 versions, one for the older cameras and one for the later; the one that fits the LX will also fit the ME and the MX. Watch for the one which features a switchable 2x magnifier. Really helps.

Oddly, that finder will also fit the Olympus OM series, at least the OM-10, which is how I discovered the interchangeability. Have fun!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

WTB: waist level finder for Pentax LX

Thanks for the help. Looks like it's the FE-1 that i want. There is one on ebay now to the price of $275.....wow, thats almost as much as i payed for my LX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mincon View Post
    Thanks for the help. Looks like it's the FE-1 that i want. There is one on ebay now to the price of $275.....wow, thats almost as much as i payed for my LX
    They can be a bit pricey but they are very nice. I use mine for macro work a lot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mincon View Post
    OMG! My last LX, from KEH in BGN, a little brassing, a few tiny scratches and rubs, was $169.00! Works perfectly, used but not abused. Love KEH.

BTW, KEH will watch for an item you want. That's how I got that LX. Good folk, they.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin