Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,604   Online: 1037

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: 5x7" B&W Film - Kodak or Ilford (for a good cause...)

Dear APUGgers,

I am looking for a small quantity of 5x7" black & white sheet film that is in-date (or cold-stored and in good condition); about 10 sheets are all I need. It also needs to be a film which has published spectral sensitivity, which is basically every Kodak or Ilford film.

The reason I need this is that I have some antique Finlay Color Screens (akin to Dufaycolor, or Autochrome) in 5x7" format, and I'm going to be taking images using them for the purpose of publishing a scholarly article regarding screen-plate color reproduction. The idea is to understand the transmittance of the dyes used in the screen and how that, coupled with a film's sensitivity, lends to color reproduction. This is a collaboration that I'm involved in with a student of imaging science in Switzerland who I met at the Image Permancence Instiritue here in Rochester, where he was interning.

So that's why I say it's for a good cause! The analysis and results should be very interesting, although I cannot take credit for the hard-core science behind it, just the production and processing of the photograph. I look forward to sharing the results of this paper with APUG.

If you are interested in helping out, please shoot me an email at holmburgers (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Sincere thanks,

Chris
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If anybody would be willing to help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

You can get 25 sheets new at B&H for $45 you could also buy them and then sell the remaining sheets if you aren't going to use them, in total it will probably only cost you &15

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Stone,

Obviously that's the most conscionable thing to do; support the film industry. I will probably bite the bullet and do this... money's just a wee tight these days.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Thanks Stone,

Obviously that's the most conscionable thing to do; support the film industry. I will probably bite the bullet and do this... money's just a wee tight these days.
    I understand, this is a prime example of "you have to have money to make money" sort of... You have to have the $45 to buy the pack, float that money until you can sell the remaining sheets... This is the situation I often find myself on as well. Good luck!

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Seems like Ilford would be inappropriate at the George Eastman House.

Roger

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    Seems like Ilford would be inappropriate at the George Eastman House.

Roger
    Well, he would have to pay double for Kodak... Maybe that would tech them a lesson...

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to Roger, I've got what I need now.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin