Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,059   Posts: 1,561,578   Online: 693

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: 6x8 neg carrier for Omega D2

Does anyone have a spare 6x8 neg carrier for Omega D2 series? I'm in Central Florida, US. If you do and want to sell it, please tell me how much you want for it. I can pay by paypal.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've got some holders left over from what I sold last week (see "lots and lots" ad).
    Looks like a 4x5, 2 6x6, a 6x7, and one that is a little larger, maybe 3 1/4 x 4 1/4.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks CollinB. I'm looking for exactly one 6x8....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did not realize there is a 6x8. Now I am also looking... Maybe Japan. Weren't power Mamiya RB 6x8 backs Japan only?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I GOT ONE and I'm in US. It's available here. (in US)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use my power 6x8 back all the time. It is my best back. I got it from Korea with a NOS factory defect RB67 SD. The lugs were installed backward, messed my strap installation right up, until until I got another RB and realized what had been done.

Are you sure neg holders were made for 6x8?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FWIW, KHB doesn't list a 6x8 carrier in its list of Negative carriers for the D2: http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/...2.htm#Carriers

Unless of course that corresponds to something like the "Linhof Ideal" carrier.

A 6x9 carrier would work for negatives in strips, while a rapid shift 6x9 glass carrier would work with single negatives, as would a 6x7 that has been modified.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess no one will have one for sale then.... I'll have to make a mask myself.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin