Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,240   Online: 1014

Thread: WTB: 9x12 film

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

WTB: 9x12 film

I recently got a Reflex-Primar 9x12 camera and it looks like Freestyle and B&H won't have 9x12 film until mid-April. I'd like to do some shooting before then, so if you have any 9x12 film I'd be interested. Old/expired film would be fine. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try one of our Sponsors, Fomafoto very quick and great prices (for Europe).

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ian-- Thanks for the suggestion. I'm hoping to get some film in the US, because of shipping charges from Europe. I will likely be buying some Foma film once it makes its way to Freestyle or B&H. I'm really excited about the Reflex-Primar for some odd reason--its a nice contraption with its dual curtain shutter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Barry, I might have some adverts for the Reflex Primar if you'd like scans.

So you've discovered the beauty of European Focal Plane shutters, dual curtains, sophistication, quite the opposite of Graflex. I don't think people realise that the various early 1900's European shutters are like scaled up 35mm cloth shutters, but very much earlier.

9x12 film's eay to get in Europe (a bit less so in the UK) because it was always the German/European standard instead of 5x4, so colour films not just B&W.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ian-- Yes, please--I'd love to see the ads. I've been wondering about the target buyer for this camera. It seems like it must have been for professionals or well-heeled amateurs. The camera came with the instruction sheet, although I can't read German. It's an elegant camera, and yes--more sophisticated than the Graflex--with it's shutter, front tilt and swing, and nicer construction. The Reflex-Primar is beautiful with its Meyer Trioplan mounted. Color film is still available? I didn't know that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Give Fomafoto a chance, the shipping is not that expensive (in Nov i paid < 8 euro sh to Pa) and the price is great. It actually works out to be less than B&H. Terrific score btw. I'd love to fiddle around with one of those.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Less than 8 euros--really? The estimated shipping seems higher on the site, but I'll definitely check again. I bought the camera on a lark--partly because it was a bargain considering it came in the case with all the accessories. I don't think there are many people interested in 9x12 cameras in the US.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    : ) they're out there! Anyway, send 'em an email asking about the cost. I just loaded up some film holders last night. Share your pics once you take it out to shoot. BTW a roll film conversion back can be had for that camera I think which means you could shoot 120 film. A Rada, Suydam ? etc…

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Will do. The camera came with a couple Rada backs, so I'll start with a little 6x9 shooting. The 210mm will be a bit long with medium format, but it'll still be fun.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin