Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,600   Online: 898

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB - 1A Semi-Centennial Camera Stand

I am in dire need of a centennial camera stand. Ideally a 1A that could hold a 14x11 camera. I just moved into a new studio space, and want to use my Deardorff Commercial View camera with 16" Vitax lens to shoot wet plate.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andy,
    You might want to first check whether the counter spring on the Centennial stand is strong enough to support the weight of a 11x14 Commercial Deardorff- those things are monsters. I have a Century 10A on the matching stand and it barely holds the camera/lens at higher positions. It might be frustrating with your much heavier camera.

Sounds like you're assembling quite a portrait setup. Having a studio space must be a blast too!

Best,
    Daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi andy

dan is right about the bigger stand for bigger camera ..
    you might look for the larger #2 semi centennial stand ...
    it was made for the 8A grand century portrait cameras ( 11x14).

http://www.historiccamera.com/cgi-bi...eet&app_id=396

i have an 8A .. and #2 stand ... the stand's bed splits to allow for bellows extension,
    and the ribbon springs are pretty hefty too.

have fun with your new set up! you're going to have a lot of fume, i mean fun

- john
    Last edited by jnanian; 03-09-2013 at 10:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well my lead on a centennial stand dried up after the seller committed to sell, give me a price, and was getting shipping costs when they decided that their time was worth more than keeping their end of a deal. So I still need a stand if anyone has one?? Daniel, I have the 8x10 commercial view... A little lighter..
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin