Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,200   Online: 799

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So I am still in the market for the 116 STAINLESS STEEL reel!
    Here is a link to the completed eBay ad I mentioned above, which shows what they look like. If you didn't know any different, you might think it is just a normal 120 reel - the same spiral and everything; just a bit taller than the 120 reel.

Some interesting discussions here about available reel sizes. I should mention that I recently expanded into 127 format for my found film developing habit, and picked up a stainless reel for that format too. Here is an example of one up on the 'Bay right now. Kinda like you would think actually - about half way between a 35mm and a 120 reel. I can't wait to try mine out!

As for 11/616 cameras, I would have to say that the most advanced one I can think of off hand would probably be the Kodak Monitor Six-16's which; especially the ones with the top of the line Anastigmat Special lens. These are the "big brothers" of the more common Monitor Six-20 cameras; and are from the 1940's, primarily.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Hi Jeff,
    It was serious price for SS 116 reel! Actually, crazy one!
    Reels for 127 are not beg deal. Any paterson reel can be adjusted to it in the second.
    I started this journey in 70mm film because I wanted to make 127 films so my son can use his Kodak Brownie collection.
    And then he got 17 rolls of Verichrome 127 expired in mid '70, still good!
    While buying some 828 film for him I found few 116 rolls to, for myself.
    Thank you for mentioning Kodak Monitor. Will look for them around here.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

WTB stainless steel developing reel for 116/616/70mm film

Quote Originally Posted by gorbas View Post
    Hi Jeff,
    It was serious price for SS 116 reel! Actually, crazy one!
    Reels for 127 are not beg deal. Any paterson reel can be adjusted to it in the second.
    I started this journey in 70mm film because I wanted to make 127 films so my son can use his Kodak Brownie collection.
    And then he got 17 rolls of Verichrome 127 expired in mid '70, still good!
    While buying some 828 film for him I found few 116 rolls to, for myself.
    Thank you for mentioning Kodak Monitor. Will look for them around here.
    This is a nice story

PS do you mean 70mm can be cut in half and make 127?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Stone, Well done!!Congratulation on your new ultra expensive processing 70mm tank! I had serious thoughts that I'm crazy sometimes, but you won this time!!! :-)))))
    Yes, you are actually cutting 46mm wide centre part of the film, so both perforations are off. If you have 70mm unperforated film, you can make 120 or 220 format too. With perforated 70mm you are short 1mm or you are OK if you don't mind having some perforations on the edges of your picture.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Stone, Well done!!Congratulation on your new ultra expensive processing 70mm tank! I had serious thoughts that I'm crazy sometimes, but you won this time!!! :-)))))
    Yes, you are actually cutting 46mm wide centre part of the film, so both perforations are off. If you have 70mm unperforated film, you can make 120 or 220 format too. With perforated 70mm you are short 1mm or you are OK if you don't mind having some perforations on the edges of your picture.
    Yea there's a guy here I have been sending my film to who slits it for free as long as I send him extra backing paper/spools in 120.

The new ilford 70mm run will be all non-perf....

Thanks, yea it's a crazy price, but I haven't seen one go for less than $250, so... Heck the spiral alone is $100 so I don't feel TOO bad, I can sell my spiral on eBay and maybe the home made tank as well, haha who knows maybe the next person will be crazy too and buy my hand made tank for a lot

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Lucky you for having The film cutter guy! I had to buy my own on Ebay. But still, If he cuts perforated 70mm to 120, you are short 1mm on width. No problem for the camera magazine, but for loading in the reel. Unless he is cutting just one side off and leaving one row of perforation and right width of 61mm.
    In the last year or so I'm saving all of mine used 120 backing paper and rolls.
    Quite interested in Ilford 70mm run. Magazine I'm using is taking perforated film, but i heard that using non-perforated film in it is OK??? Looking forward for their prices?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Lucky you for having The film cutter guy! I had to buy my own on Ebay. But still, If he cuts perforated 70mm to 120, you are short 1mm on width. No problem for the camera magazine, but for loading in the reel. Unless he is cutting just one side off and leaving one row of perforation and right width of 61mm.
    In the last year or so I'm saving all of mine used 120 backing paper and rolls.
    Quite interested in Ilford 70mm run. Magazine I'm using is taking perforated film, but i heard that using non-perforated film in it is OK??? Looking forward for their prices?
    Yes prices would be nice to know...

He does slit one side only, see my gallery... Some of the more recent ones of tall grass are the cut film

~Stone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin