Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,714   Posts: 1,483,037   Online: 785

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

WTB stainless steel developing reel for 116/616/70mm film

I am looking for a stainless steel developing reel for 116/616 roll film. This is for my hobby of developing found film rolls, which includes that size. The ones I have seen offered for sale have been a lot more than I want to spend. Does anyone have one that they would be willing to part with at a reasonable price? BTW, I did try the plastic route at first, but I was quickly reminded of how much more I prefer the stainless steel. So the quest continues.

Thanks!

Jeff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Denverdad View Post
    I am looking for a stainless steel developing reel for 116/616 roll film. This is for my hobby of developing found film rolls, which includes that size. The ones I have seen offered for sale have been a lot more than I want to spend. Does anyone have one that they would be willing to part with at a reasonable price? BTW, I did try the plastic route at first, but I was quickly reminded of how much more I prefer the stainless steel. So the quest continues.

Thanks!

Jeff
    I have two 116/616 developing tanks, I might be convinced to part with one. PM me with an offer. You also mentioned 70mm, those are often $100 and up, and hold 15 (5 meters) feet of film, so be sure which one you need, the one I'm offering is the one for 116 or 616 length (same length) film.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Denverdad, I just noticed on Xbay old plastic tank & reel adjustable to 116 format film. I have 70mm reel with 100" capacity but for 116 format films I was thinking about using this smaller tank or making my own from Paterson reel. What is your problem with "plastic"? I personally prefer Paterson over stainless steel any time.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gorbas View Post
    Denverdad, I just noticed on Xbay old plastic tank & reel adjustable to 116 format film. I have 70mm reel with 100" capacity but for 116 format films I was thinking about using this smaller tank or making my own from Paterson reel. What is your problem with "plastic"? I personally prefer Paterson over stainless steel any time.
    Be careful, the reason I have 3 116 tank is I had the same idea, except none that I've found so far will for properly in the Paterson tank however that green one I haven't tried yet... Try that one perhaps? The FR one won't fit I have it.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm there, too. Got this old roll of 116 sitting on the shelf from an old salvage unit. I can't imaging buying a reel for one-time use. Perhaps I will tray develop it one day.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by CollinB View Post
    I'm there, too. Got this old roll of 116 sitting on the shelf from an old salvage unit. I can't imaging buying a reel for one-time use. Perhaps I will tray develop it one day.
    Send it to me with instructions Rodinal or HC-110 are your options...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Stone, I have seen whole unit, with reel and tank, made by FR.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/370772533375...84.m1438.l2649
    In the month we will have local camera swap meeting and will check there for something similar or will go with Paterson reel.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Stone, I have seen whole unit, with reel and tank, made by FR.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/370772533375...84.m1438.l2649
    In the month we will have local camera swap meeting and will check there for something similar or will go with Paterson reel.
    Yes that's the one I have, I am trying to say that, these tanks can not be inverted and only use the twirl/twist stick method to agitate. They are not liquid tight and if you swirl heavily they will spill, and using fixer is stronger smelling because the container is not sealed so the odor comes out easily.

If you are OK with this, then it is a fine working tank and will probably be fine for your needs. For me it wasn't good enough.

I have never seen a Paterson plastic "spiral" that takes 116, if you find a bunch ever and don't need them all I will take one and get rid of all these other tanks. Lol

~Stone

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Hi Stone,
    it's DYS project to make Paterson reel to take 116 format. When I figure out how to do it will send you info. Thank you for info on FR tanks!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Hi Stone,
    it's DYS project to make Paterson reel to take 116 format. When I figure out how to do it will send you info. Thank you for info on FR tanks!
    Ahh! Ok

~Stone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin