Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,674   Online: 882

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: Cambo 4x5 NX short 12" rail

Looking for the short 12" rail (1" square) for a 4x5 Cambo NX. I know some have recommended cutting a piece of 1" square extruded aluminum stock. I tried this with 2040 stock but it didn't quite fit (bummer).

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

I tried your suggestion but maybe I didn't have the right adjusting (set?) screws which I loosened somewhat but didn't detect any movement (I'll have to look closer), the fit was extremely tight and I had a devil of a time getting the standard back off the extruded stock. So no solution yet....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmmm. I did find the screws as you mentioned on the bottom and sides of the 'railrider'. The upper roller may well be seized as I didn't check to see if it moved freely. It works smoothly with the Cambo rail.

I'll take another look. It was a really tight fit and it might be the extruded aluminum is nominally 1" but enough oversized not do work.

I may also have a line ('the bay') on a Cambo short rail if all else fails (or one will turn up sooner or later). I originally bought a 48" piece of the 2040 (or whatever it's called) extruded aluminum to make a 34-36" rail and use the extra for a short rail. That plan foundered when I discovered I couldn't get the standards to go on so it's worth another try.

Thanks for your help!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by carlj View Post
    Looking for the short 12" rail (1" square) for a 4x5 Cambo NX. I know some have recommended cutting a piece of 1" square extruded aluminum stock. I tried this with 2040 stock but it didn't quite fit (bummer).

Thanks.
    Hello,

I have a 12" (1' sq) rail for the Cambo. let me know if you are still need it?

Regards,
    Bogdan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    B&H have the monorail in their catalog. Search for "Cambo monorail".

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin