Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,931   Posts: 1,585,451   Online: 1068

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    ps; in the other thread, I suggested a replenished fixer, which would really be the only sensible way to handle things commercially, where effluents are regulated.
    Mr Bill, I am thankful for you pointing out the fixer replenishment aspects. My research, so far, however, shows that unless one replaces a considerable volume of the used fixer, replenishment only works in conjunction with a de-silvering process in place, such as can be done in automated processors. If you are, however, of the opposite opinion, that is you have experience of replenishers which can be added without de-silvering the fixer, or without having to remove a significant portion of it, I would like to learn more. Perhaps it would be better to post back on those two threads, or maybe start a new one, so as to make others aware of our discussion, but I am eager to learn no matter how you would like to share your experience and knowledge. Many thanks, either way.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal Lukawiecki View Post
    My research, so far, however, shows that unless one replaces a considerable volume of the used fixer, replenishment only works in conjunction with a de-silvering process in place, such as can be done in automated processors. If you are, however, of the opposite opinion, that is you have experience of replenishers which can be added without de-silvering the fixer, or without having to remove a significant portion of it, I would like to learn more.

Well, let me see if I can work out a simplified explanation of a replenishment system. It may not be as straightforward as you would probably hope, but I'll see if I can make something brief and understandable. (Brief might be a couple of pages.)

I'll post here where it'll be (or if I decide to give up on it).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, I've written up a couple posts on the topic of replenishing fixers.

They're in the thread called "buffering neutral fixer:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/1...l-fixer-4.html

It was harder to explain than I had hoped; sorry about the complication, but it's about the best I can do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin