Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,649   Posts: 1,481,294   Online: 831

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: MS-1 Battery Holders

Having recently stumbled upon a gorgeous MD2/MB1 combination, I am now on the hunt for a pair (or two pairs, if possible) of Nikon MS-1 battery holders for the drive. This is the second drive I have acquired that came with Ni-Cads instead of the original AA packs; thus far, the Ni-Cads have worked ok, but the sets are " 78-04" and "79-12", respectively. I know nothing about their ancestry in terms of whether either set has been rebuilt, how long Ni-Cads last prior to the necessity of a rebuild, cost of same, etc...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: KE ("Kodachrome Era"): PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus, Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    NiCds will work indefinitely if not used. It's the number of charge cycles they have endured that will dictate their future. If they were lightly used in the past they may have significant life left.

Lots of battery shops can rebuild packs of batteries - it would be worth asking if your local battery shop can do the same for these. Most of these battery packs use standard cells and are fairly easy to rebuild.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Having recently stumbled upon a gorgeous MD2/MB1 combination, I am now on the hunt for a pair (or two pairs, if possible) of Nikon MS-1 battery holders for the drive. This is the second drive I have acquired that came with Ni-Cads instead of the original AA packs; thus far, the Ni-Cads have worked ok, but the sets are " 78-04" and "79-12", respectively. I know nothing about their ancestry in terms of whether either set has been rebuilt, how long Ni-Cads last prior to the necessity of a rebuild, cost of same, etc...
    An Update: After several months of searching, I managed to locate and purchase an MB-1 battery pack/pair of MS-1 batteries. MS-1 battery packs looks very clean; MB-1 pack itself (the indicator, actually) - to no surprise - doesn't function. Cost? $80.00 USD plus shipping. So, that leaves the search to just one more pair of MS-1s. The hunt continues...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: KE ("Kodachrome Era"): PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus, Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm

2 x MS-1 batteries

Hi
    I can sell you a pair of MS-1 tested and working. Price 30 us$ plus 30us$ shipping from France. Payment via Paypal.
    Kind regards
    Christian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin