Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,940   Posts: 1,695,537   Online: 727
    Multi Format

WTB, URGENT (Want to borrow?!) Glass neg carrier to fit Saunders 4500

Hi all, I have a bit of a quandary...

I am a student at Alfred University's school of Art & Design in upstate NY, and I am preparing my senior BFA show, which is in May. I am doing an exhibition of silver gelatin prints (10x15, 14x14, and 30x30" fiber base) and have run into a rather serious problem. I use a Beseler 45MX at home, for which I have the glass carrier with AN glass, which I love, but sadly, it obviously it won't fit into the gate of the Saunders 4500 enlargers we use at school (gotta love those VCCE heads...) so I am here to ask (beg) if anyone has a 6x6 glass carrier for the Saunders 4500 enlarger that I could BORROW for 6 weeks. I am extremely meticulous in handling my equipment, and treat all the darkroom gear I use with great respect, and were it not for the fact that these prints absolutely HAVE to be corner-to-corner grain sharp, I would just print glassless.

As it is, I am printing negatives from both Hasselblad and Leica systems, and I really want them to sing. I have tried every solution for the glassless carriers we have, but to no avail. I would be absolutely willing to send a generous lender of such a carrier an 11x14" fb print of one of my senior show images in return for such a huge favor.

All the best,

TL,DR: I need to borrow a glass carrier for a Saunders 4500IIXLG for six weeks, I am a senior BFA student, and my school doesn't have any, will send a print in return for such great kindness.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

4x5 Format
    I have a 4x5 AN glass carrier for the 4500. Would that work for you?

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin