Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,518   Online: 776

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: Rolleiflex Wide TLR in user condition

Hello All: I'm a Professor of Photography, teaching film base photography. To maintain interest in film I use manual cameras,120 folders, TLR, graflex SLR's View cameras,Pinhole etc. in my classes for students to use and learn about photography's past before digital cameras, most have been donated.

I'm looking to purchase a user condition Rolleiflex Wide TLR to shoot with and to use in my advance classes. Doesn't have to be perfect. OK if Camera has issues, slow shutter speeds off, etc. Poor cosmetic condition ok.

Thanks
    Michael Drew
    Shipping to 11204 Brooklyn NY

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good Luck with that!! Only about 3600 ever produced. Rare and expensive!
    (see if you can get one for me too)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    and me.....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I went through this craziness a year ago.
    My findings:
    - you can find one, but must be patient
    - it may stretch your budget
    - they do come up on ebay
    - when you find one, you may end up finding two or three more in quick succession.

Good luck

....Vick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one. Love it. Spent more than I should have but I did get it from an old and experienced camera repair technician who got it 10-15 years before from someone who had bought it new. He checked it out thoroughly and gave me a warranty. Also came with original stock hood, stock lens cap, stock leather case, ground glass insert and a few stock B&W filters too.

There are the usual over the top BIN ones priced ridiculously on eBay, and otherwise I have seen the rare one on ebay go for less than $2000 in moderate shape but with little accessories (and once even without the top viewfinder). Bottom line: If you think you'll find one cheap you can forget it.

As mentioned mine was not cheap but I'm a serious Rolleiflex collector so I sucked it up and will likely be buried with it. ;-).

I will say though amazing results:

Golden Gate Park fern grove Rolleiwide Agfapan25 HC-110 by rich8155 (Richard Sintchak), on Flickr

Shoshone Falls Rolleiwide TMY-2 HC-110 by rich8155 (Richard Sintchak), on Flickr
    Last edited by Richard Sintchak (rich815); 04-20-2013 at 11:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jesus

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin