Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,759   Online: 914

Thread: WTB 8x10

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB 8x10

I posted here a year ago looking for an "8x10 camera in any condition as long as it shoots" and someone graciously mailed me a functional but battered 8x10 (you know who you are!) That's served me well but is less than reliable and kind of coming apart at the seams. So I'd like to find a replacement, preferably something made less that 100 years ago. My budget is tiny so I'm looking for a beater but something which is stiff and capable of holding some larger lenses.

If anyone has something booting about please let me know.

Thanks!
    Giles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can't you fix up the one you've got? I bet I can.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I find a new one this one is free for the taking and you're welcome to it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, friend. If and when that day comes, it will be a bright day for me. Regards.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by illumiquest View Post
    I posted here a year ago looking for an "8x10 camera in any condition as long as it shoots" and someone graciously mailed me a functional but battered 8x10 (you know who you are!) That's served me well but is less than reliable and kind of coming apart at the seams. So I'd like to find a replacement, preferably something made less that 100 years ago. My budget is tiny so I'm looking for a beater but something which is stiff and capable of holding some larger lenses.

If anyone has something booting about please let me know.

Thanks!
    Giles
    Hello, I have a 8x10 Rembrandt Studio Camera with 8x10 back and several reducing backs, 8x10 > 5x7, 8x10> 4x5. The camera is made by B&J. The backs fit the B&J 8x10 also. If still interested, give me a shout and I'll send pics along with full dispcription and price. Shipping would be from Canada.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I wonder if Illumiquest found his camera. I'm looking for one too. But I'm also hunting a lens to go on it. A 300mm or 12 inch, that won't put me in the poorhouse. Anybody? Thanks.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    I have Kodak 2D for sale and Ilex-Caltar 12 in. (copy of Kodak Commercial Ektar).

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    i have an ansco view and a schnieder 240/480 lens that could go with it....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks Just so long as I don't come off as a beggar. Here lately all ebay has had is overpriced buy-it-nows. I don't do those. And it's all high priced Schneiders, Nikkors, or Rodenstock. All I need is come old lens that covers 8x10 and the shutter. Air shutter, mechanical, I don't care. I know they're out there. Just nothing on the auction sites I can find. Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Giles,

It might help to know, realistically...how much are you budgeting for this 8 X 10 inquiry?

Just saying. If you're trying to get something on the cheap, camera condition will probably be similar to what you already have; ie...light leaks in the bellows, missing pieces, broken or missing GG, warped bed or rails, loose or broken joinery, etc...

Marc

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin