Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,906   Online: 966

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

WTB - Changing tent

One of the pop-up varieties a la Photoflex or Calumet would work, with room for getting 4x5 in/out of Grafmatics and into MOD54 adapter for Paterson daylight tank.

I'm tired of fighting my floppy changing bag.

I'm still in that "use the bathroom, but only at night when everyone's asleep" phase, so doing all this in a real DR isn't an option.

Thanks!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Look into Harrison Change Tents. Super high quality, and come in 3 sizes. The smallest one, the Pup Tent, works great for 4x5. The medium size up to 8x10. I have both and would never part with them. Sorry...
    David S. Nardi Photography
    'preserving the beauty in nature'
    www.davidnardi.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    David S. Nardi Photography
    'preserving the beauty in nature'
    www.davidnardi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    if you dont plan on traveling with it, and if you have a large changing bag, you can try to put a box in it with cut out arm holes. This will keep the bag up inside, and away from your hands. Total cost: one box and a few minutes of your time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My vote still goes for loading the film under the covers when you go to bed. And keeping my squandered money in the bank.

Shooter
    35mm
    How about a lightweight wooden box, with a large access flap, and two arm-holes complete with elasticised heavy fabric sleeves. Put stuff into box via large access flap, push arms into elasticised sleeves.....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm i the same place right now needing a way to change film in 8x10 holders on the road. The Harrison as David suggested does seem to be the best out there, but I can't get myself to spend near $300 for it. I've found this other source who seems to make Harrison "type" pop-up tents. Garanteed to be less well made but at one third the cost.... You may find it meets your needs. Their fleabay ID is 3s-krpc. I've decided to give it a try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can watch eBay, they sometimes will be available like new for $100 or so, or, the Large Format Photography forum, they sometimes are for sale there used. Its well worth the trouble and or expense when you consider the cost of building a darkroom.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Andy--
    I've got a Photoflex version I could part with. I'll PM or email you photos if you haven't already found one.

-Stephen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks to all for the suggestions.

@ David N.: That Harrison tent looks great, but $XXX won't fly in the current budget.
    @ Newton Swings: You're taunting me, aren't you, suggesting the cardboard box inside my changing bag? I have enough trouble finding the bottle opener, the 35mm cassettes and the steel reels with my current set-up. But if I had a bigger bag ... maybe that's the route, indeed.
    @ HTF: If I start dragging film gear under the covers, I can't predict an improvement in marital relations.
    @ John&Tessa: You're just jacking w/me, I can tell. ... Right? Really? Say you are. Or you have an overly high opinion of my carpentry.
    @ Stephen in Columbia: I'd be glad to see/hear about this item.

-- Andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin