Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,746   Online: 1220

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, it comes with Nikkor Q-C 1:3.5 75mm lens. It looks nice and everything seems to work just fine.
    Kris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Personally I would have grabbed the Yashica or Mamiya offered here over the Aires but if you're not sure TLR cameras are for you at least you'll not have spent much finding out. There's a boatload of Japanese TLRs from the 50's and 60's and this one seems a middle of the road. Like anything what will matter most will be how it's been cared for over the years and how clean and fog free the lens is. In my many years of TLR experience I'm a strict Rollei person myself and with patience have obtained Rolliecords as cheap as $50 and even a Rolleiflex 2.8 Planar for $150, ugly but very useable. But these are rare to come by. Thing is older TLRs do require a good CLA to get the most out of them and even to confirm the focusing is not off and the better built in the first place and the more common they were for parts and experienced technicians the better. But wish you the best in this one. Which lens does this one have? The Nikkor, Zuiko or Coral?
    Last edited by Richard Sintchak (rich815); 04-30-2013 at 08:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nikkor. And it is very clean, otherwise I wouldn't have taken it. I think my plan is to use this for a bit and then get another one - Mamiya C220 or 330 is high on my list, because of the lenses. I don't mind having several TLRs... The same with my 35mm - I have an F-1 (currently being serviced) and plan to get an FTb. And lots of lenses.
    Kris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepia Hawk View Post
    Nikkor. And it is very clean, otherwise I wouldn't have taken it. I think my plan is to use this for a bit and then get another one - Mamiya C220 or 330 is high on my list, because of the lenses. I don't mind having several TLRs... The same with my 35mm - I have an F-1 (currently being serviced) and plan to get an FTb. And lots of lenses.
    Nice. Share photos later, ok?
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I shot 7 frames through that same glass Saturday, on a Tower Reflex... and I've taken it on a couple long backpacking trips

It's a good lens, if the camera works you will have something worth keeping. Relatively lightweight for a 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi - I'm in Kingston (On) and have a Yashica-Mat which is in excellent shape. You can have it for $50.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin