Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,903   Posts: 1,555,828   Online: 756

Thread: WTB: #1 shutter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: #1 shutter

Want to buy working Compur/Copal/Prontor #1 shutters, post to the UK

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've got a Copal #1 press shutter. 10 year old new. Rarely used. great condition. Listed currently on Ebay with a buy it now price of $265 and a starting bid of $220. I'd consider an "offer" from an APUG member.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks but that's way outside my price bracket, probably better than I need as well.

The dilemma is it's cheaper to buy a lens/shutter and discard the cells !

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If you buy a lens of the same focal length as your need you may be able to avoid getting the f stop scale calibrated as well.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have a 210mm f/5.6 Topcor (Horseman) plasmat in Copal #1, Ex condition except marks on iris (no current grease, happened during a mounting mishap) works well and I've used it since for two years. Speeds sound reasonable but I have no tester.
    It is now surplus to my needs and I'd sell it for $170 plus actual post to the UK. I guess I'd keep the elements and iris scale for a $20 credit, so $150 plus post for the shutter only.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post

The dilemma is it's cheaper to buy a lens/shutter and discard the cells !

Ian
    Which is why I have a half dozen 210mm lenses and my g-Claron is still in a barrel.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotoguy20d View Post
    Which is why I have a half dozen 210mm lenses and my g-Claron is still in a barrel.
    Same here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebes View Post
    I have a 210mm f/5.6 Topcor (Horseman) plasmat in Copal #1, Ex condition except marks on iris (no current grease, happened during a mounting mishap) works well and I've used it since for two years. Speeds sound reasonable but I have no tester.
    It is now surplus to my needs and I'd sell it for $170 plus actual post to the UK. I guess I'd keep the elements and iris scale for a $20 credit, so $150 plus post for the shutter only.
    Thanks but outside the ball park in terms of cost, I've 2 210mm lenses (sets of cells) needing shutters but can buy the complete lenses for around the same figures. I already have 2 good 210's these are for workshop use so I have to keep costs to a minimum.

A Compur would be cheaper and in the long term more reliable, I don't need flash synch.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin