Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,526   Online: 1370

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

WTB: #3 Alphax shutter needs lens cells

Hello,

I have a #3 Alphax shutter that is in great condition. Anybody have lense cells that would fit the shutter. I might as well use it.

Regards, bogdan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bump

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bump

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have lens cells that need a working Alphax/Betax 3 and one thing I've found is that these shutters aren't all identical the rear part with the lens mounting threads can be different and this significantly affects the lens spacing by 5 or 6mm. So you need the right combination of lens/shutter.

I want to keep my ceels because ihave shutters to repair so want to keep my cells, you might try looking for Velostigmat/Raptar 6½", Series IIIa EWA f12.5 10x8, or Turner Reich 5x8 cells they all fit, but you'll need to see what aperture scale you have, and probably make a new one.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bump

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello, Thanks for the information, but can't find anything on eBay. I'll keep looking.

Regards, Bogdan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    BUMP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You don't have any desire to sell the shutter instead of populating it, right? I've got a couple of lenses for which it would be a good front-mounting platform. (A lot of the f/14 Berthiot Perigraphes are in the same size barrel which should be mountable in an Alphax #3---thanks to Dan Fromm for this information---so that might be something you could look for.)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Medium Format
    BUMP

Shooter
    Large Format
    Pretty common are the 162mm f4.5 Raptars in barrel; they're lovely lenses and would be perfect candidates for 4x5 and even 5x7. 95% of them fit into your Alphax #3. Ditto for many 254mm (10") Wolly Teles. (and the 159mm WA Raptars).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin