Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,390   Online: 1097

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: 4x5 Speed Graphic Body

The Good News:
    I was recently lucky enough to come into possession of a Kodak Aero Ektar 2.5 178mm at a really, really great price.

The Bad News:
    I sold my 4x5 Pre-Anniversary Speed Graphic back in January.

So I'm starting my search for a reasonably priced, good condition 4x5 Speed Graphic body with a focal plane shutter. I've been told that I need the Pacemaker version, but if the model you have has a focal plane shutter, and I can mount this Ektar to it, I'm open to negotiations. (Edit: I'm not concerned with cosmetics, only the functionality of the FP shutter, and the condition if the bellows.)

Let me know what you have, what your asking price is, and lets discuss it.

Thanks
    Chris
    Last edited by ChristopherCoy; 05-15-2013 at 01:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the bellows are good and the FP shutter is good on an older one and you don't need movements, the anniversary and pre-anniversary will provide you more shutter speeds. (going down to 1/10s). They are lighter too, but that won't matter if you are using an Aero Ektar. Stick with a pacemaker if you need to use a instant film back as the non-graflock ones don't open wide enough.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agreed, pacemaker with kalart rangefinder is the way to go for an AE. Top-mounted rangefinder pacemaker speeds are slightly newer but the RF can't be as easily adapted to the AE as with a kalart-equipped speed. Good ones go in the $250-500 range, generally for a graflok version in nice shape.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So that I can understand what I'm looking into, what makes the Pacemaker better than the Anni models, other than age/condition?

And am I correct that the Crowns don't have FP's?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    So that I can understand what I'm looking into, what makes the Pacemaker better than the Anni models, other than age/condition?
    Nothing as far as I'm concerned. If either is decent operating condition it will meet your needs and serve you well.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Speed Graphic with a Graflok back I am going to sell. The bellows is in excellent condition. Over all, it is in 8+ condition, considering it's age. Am asking 225 dollars plus shipping from Illinois.
    You can PM me here, or e mail at : Fyrwnrdy at yahoo dot com Or, call 217-201-0420

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post

And am I correct that the Crowns don't have FP's?
    Crown/Century models don't have the FPS, correct. Century is 2x3 only, I think.

Pacemaker model will have front tilt and simplified shutter speeds where the Anni will have the full 1/10th to 1/1000th FPS and no tilt. I have successfully used a later Pacemaker front standard on my Anniversary model to get front tilt, using the Anniversary lens-board securing plate, Anniversary lens boards, and Anniversary bellows. I had to use a mish-mash of hardware, and the Pacemaker standard doesn't mesh well aesthetically with my war-time black Anni but it's a user not a collector piece.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks.

I actually need to close this thread for now. I won't be able to purchase anything for another month or so unfortunately.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin