Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,102   Online: 888

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

WTB: Negative Carriers for Saunders LPL 6700/7700/MX

I'm looking for 35mm and 6x6 negative carriers that fit the Saunders LPL 6700/7700/MX series. The enlarger I have is badged as a Rollei, but its really the same thing. All I have for it is the universal negative carrier, which is a pain to use.

Looking for a fair price; I have an Omega D-II also, and when I have finished restoring that, I probably won't use the Rollei much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The universal carrier paired with the anti-newton ring top glass, I realized is the best option for these machines. The glassless 35mm and 6x6 carrier might seem convenient as you don't have to clean them, but the extra flatness from the glass I found was worth it. It is apparent in the 6x6, less so in the 35mm.

Sometimes the metal universal vanes are not that straight, you can unscrew the bottom and bent them gently.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Does your enlargers negative carriers have a tab on the front, or a metal bar? There are two different kinds of negative carriers for the saunders.
    They are not compatible with each other. I thought the rollei used the metal bar kind.

I made the mistake of buying the wrong kind once.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There is a 6x7 carrier on ebay right now for $35. (the tab kind) Thats a pretty good price.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I do like the flatness of the universal carrier. But there are no little posts or tabs with which to line up the negative, and when you bring the vanes up to the edges of the negative, they make the very edges of the picture a bit darker. And one of the vanes is a bit loose and moves around when the negative carrier is moved, which is a real nuisance.

I don't need 6x7. Just 6x6 and 35mm. I took a risk and bought a Nikot 35mm carrier for $15 this morning, it looks like it might fit, but who knows.

As for bar vs tab, all I can say is that the universal carrier is just like the ones right now on ebay. I'd say bar, not tab. I think the enlarger is called Rollei 67 XL, or something like that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin