Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,740   Posts: 1,515,555   Online: 1025

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images

WTB: 110 Cartridges (Empty/Expired/Loaded)

I'm looking to get my Rollei A110 running for at least a couple of rolls and have some old Kodak High Contrast Copy film, so I just need some cartridges to put it in.

Preferably the slow 80/100 ASA style, not the faster ones. Would need to include spools.

I'm in 92116 San Diego, CA and have Paypal ready.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry, don't have any to sell, but I too was hoarding these so I could revive my best friend's 110 she used as a child.
    Ebay prices are high on old cassettes. Sometimes you get lucky, though, and hopefully someone here has something for you.

However, there are a few companies selling fresh 110 now (even B&W). Look for Fukkatsu and Lomography brands. You could go that route and then re-use the cartridges. Try the Film Photography Project and Ultrafine Online, just to name two.
    Truzi

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Thanks for your notes, I'll likely end up doing as you say and ordering some fresh from Lomo. I am fairly sure I've seen it in some local stores, so I'll give that a go and just be on the look-out for more cassettes.

Still, if anyone has any, I'm interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check on Youtube for videos on reloading too. From what I've read, you may not want to advance the film all the way after the last shot.
    That way it is easier to get the film out in a changing bag/darkroom before attempting to open the cassette. You want to be able to see the cassette when you try to open it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h_-8Ix6SdI

I don't know your camera, so am not sure if the indexing pin will be an issue, or if you have a window in the back (making backing paper something to be concerned with). I've reloaded 126 so far, but not gotten around to the 110, so my knowledge is only in theory. With the 126, lining up the indexing holes on the backing paper with the ones in the film was difficult when testing in the light, so I did not use backing paper, choosing instead to glue a piece of backing paper on the inside of the cassette so it covers the window of the cassette.

Here is some info on 126 that may translate:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/1...35mm-film.html

Sorry, too much info for a WTB post

You mention paypal, so I'm guessing you may use ebay. Here is a sale, but being ebay I'd expect it to be unusable and try it anyway (being pleasantly surprised if it was fine). Then I'd reuse the cassettes.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221231428445...84.m1438.l2649
    It comes to nearly $1.80 per cartridge. Since I have what I need, I typically hold out for something less than $1 per unit.

This thread is still new, so maybe it will get a bit more attention before nightfall. I imagine most U.S. members were at work all day.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is also, Blue Moon Camera & Machine, Portland, OR/USA.
    Six (6) different 110 films available at last check.

http://bluemooncamera.com/inventory....500&deptID=543

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received a PM that reminded me of something.

When testing, I found the 110 backing paper does not have indexing holes, so that should not cause issue when reloading (OTOH, my 126 will not work without holes in the film AND paper).
    However, you may have to perf the film if you roll your own. Try holding the pin down with your thumb and advancing the film. If it will turn the gear AND cock the shutter, you probably don't have to worry about punching little holes in the film or filing the pin down.
    Truzi

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Found a bunch for cheap on ebay, plus some unperforated 16mm film in bulk. Time to re-load and start shooting!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin